• This topic has 34 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Decent trousers/chinos that don't cost a bomb?
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Anyone got a recommendation where to buy some decent trousers/chinos that don’t cost a fortune but are decent cut and quality?

I have bought quite a few pairs of Howies over the years in their sales but my last few pairs have washed out really quickly.

Have tried a few other brands but often find them skin tight so looking for something that’s straight leg or loose cut.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

tk maxx, patience and luck.

or brax?

http://www.peterhahn.co.uk/mens-trousers

mattyfez

Marks and Spencer?

cheers_drive

Uniqlo

Kryton57

CaptainFlashheart to the forum…

ton

Dockers. from the Levi store.

rossburton
    Free Member

I found some Carhartt “Skill” trousers in a sale and until I managed to get a pile of tar on them they were great: like the old Howies trousers I can’t seem to find anymore.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got M&S ones for work. First pair of work trousers I’ve ever had that I feel properly comfortable in and I quite like the look of. A great fit for the gentleman of higher threshold power.

chewkw
    Free Member

I want to get some Carhartt but they are selling silly price here … 😡

monkeychild
    Free Member

Gap khakis?

LeeW

Just bought 4 pairs of Dockers for the equivalent of £30 per pair. Great for the money.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Charity shop. There’s always loads! Got a brand new pair of GAP ones as mentioned above for £6 the other day. I never spend above £10 for pair of trousers

petec
    Free Member

I never spend above £10 for pair of trousers

with a name like ‘anus’ i’m not surprised. 😆

i generally get mine in a sale. Used to be Banana Republic till they shut. Then i left that there London, and my shopping choices became limited. So it’s now Fatface, when they’re about £15. And i buy a few pairs at once, so they last

properbikeco
    Free Member

Edwin are good

lunge

H&M are where I buy my work Chinos from. £20 per pair, last OK, slim fit is well cut for my physique and they’re readily available.

kilo

+1 for uniqlo

big_scot_nanny

I’ll put a pitch in for Charles Tyrwhitt, with just a little caution about sizing. Size down! They are **** massive.

Now, I’m tall, fat and with gert big calfs, so usually regular fit and a 40″, 34″ leg. The first pair of chino’s I got from them (mail order) were not only too big on the waist, but like some kind of wing suit from the hip down. this is quite something for me to state that.

Now on 2″ smaller waist, and extra slim fit. Length was always OK, and the durability and smartness are good.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member

CaptainFlashheart to the forum…

for what not to buy?

depends on your trouser philosphy 🙂 i like COS, uniqlo Zara can be ok.

nicer stuff from YMC, Norse Projects. but they aint no daily drivers.

grahamt1980

CFH is hardly going to recommend cheap. Plus his taste is questionable

DezB
    Free Member

Volcom ones from the surfie type shops (TwoSeasons or Surfdome) are top quality.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Plus his taste is questionable

Exactly, remember his ‘flight shoes’ ? 😯 :mrgreen:

Tracey

Brook Tavener wear well and wash well for work, only buy them when the clearance sale is on.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Fred Perry sale and tk maxx if you’re lucky. I’ve got a couple of pairs from tk maxx for about £20 and another couple in the fred perry sale.

jonnym92

Uniqlo, Dickies or (more expensive) Carhartt and Levis SB.

ajantom

I’ve got 3 or 4 pairs of Next Chinos that I use for work (and increasingly leisure – I’ve realised I’m getting too old for jeans!)
    The slim fit stretch ones are really comfy, not particularly slim or skinny, but don’t flap around either. Just a nice simple, well fitting pair of trousers. They also come with a decent belt. All for the princely sum of £22.

allfankledup

Ralph Lauren stuff from the Ellesmere Port outlet store. Hard wearing kit…

GavinT
    Free Member

M&S if you’re of the chunky build. In my experience their stuff is good quality but the fit is on the short/wide side. Even their ‘slim fit’ stuff.

I like Next chinos for cut and quality. Not expensive either. I’m wearing some now. Very nice

freeagent
    Free Member

Gap Khakis from the Gap outlet store at Lakeside, Thurrock.
    Think they are about £20.
    Slightly stretchy so very comfortable.
    I’m short/Fat but they still come up big. I usually wear 38″ waist x 32″ leg but the pair I have on today are 36″W x 30″L and fit perfectly.

chakaping
    Free Member

depends on your trouser philosphy

Marx & Spencer?

BillOddie

If you are big of thigh I can attest that Gap Stretch Khakis are the best!

For a looser, more casual trouser Dickies 874 are good too, just put them through the wash 3 times before you wear them.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Levi Dockers are pretty decent as above. I use them as work trousers for jobs that don’t require suits and for smart-casual too.

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve realised I’m getting too old for jeans!

No such thing!

devash
    Free Member

Next £22 jobs have been serving me well for work and leisure.

nickc

Gap or Next outlet store

iainc

I’ll put a pitch in for Charles Tyrwhitt

+1, they have a decent slim cut range.

Also a big fan of Spoke, but they aren’t cheap….

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Decent trousers/chinos that don't cost a bomb?’ is closed to new replies.