Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Decent rear road bike tyre?
  • breninbeener

I have a mate who is quite poorly with pancreatic cancer. We used to ride bikes together. His treatment is going ok, and he has decided that he wants to ride his road bike on the local flat cycle path. I am very excited about this as he has been in a bad place.

I collected his bike to give it a service yday, and the rear tyre is in a poor state. He hasnt a job any more and his partner isnt working due to covid. Whats a decent tyre in 25mm that i can get him. He isnt going to be wanting to set KOMs and he is 95kg. Whats going to be decent to ride and reasonable at resisting punctures on a cyclepath?

Thanks

Ian

steve_b77
    Free Member

If you want puncture proof, any of the Vittoria Control tyres are bang on, they’re also a good all round choice

trailwagger
    Free Member

Can you DM me?

t3ap0t
    Free Member

I’ve always found Schwalbe Duranos to be very good for puncture resistance. Not too expensive, not stupidly heavy like a Marathon.

razorrazoo

If you want drop me a PM, I have a set of used but perfectly serviceable 25mm Mavic tyres that you can have for the cost of postage.  Can’t send them until Monday though.

fossy

Vittoria Zaffiro can be got cheaply – less than £10 each.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Decent rear road bike tyre?’ is closed to new replies.