Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Decent price for web hosting?
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I think we're being "had" for our web hosting. About to get a website developed – the domain name (a .co.uk and not in demand) was £18 for a year and the hosting is £30 – that seems a bit steep. Any suggestions? The web developer suggested it but so far their service (web hoster) has been utter merde.

spokebloke
    Free Member

we use heart internet – good value and seems bullet proof.
    Wish I hadn't written that now.

LuckyJim
    Free Member

You are overpaying a bit for your domain registration but (depending on features) probably not doing too badly on your hosting.

You might well find that the hassle of switching everything over is not worth saving a pound a month or so.

I use UKREG for domains. For webspace, take yer pick but be wary of some of the ultra-cheap options.

DrJ

Been very happy with LiquidSix.

phil.w
    Free Member

I have a few sites with hostpapa.
    At £5 a month with unlimited space, domains etc (including add on's) I can't complain. There online support is great but hard to get hold of over the phone.

EDIT: is that £30 a month or a year?

GaryLake
    Free Member

£30 a year isn't expensive.

I pay £15 a month for Media Temple Gridserver but I'm running a lot of sites off of that and it's a lot of sophisticated than your normal individual hosting account.

munkster
    Free Member

I've used Hostroute for quite a while – they have been pretty good over that time.

Fasthosts however. Wasn't impressed with them.

matt_outandabout

Heart internet here as well, never an issue. As ever, you often get what you pay for with issues of downtime and speeds.

alexxx
    Free Member

its not overpriced if its offering you what you need, if its limiting silly things like amount of email address's then it is, .uk domains are £7.30 ish for 2 years but i think its fair that youve been charged a 10er for him to register the info for you

bawbag
    Free Member

seems fairly reasonable to me. In my experience Rackspace are expensive but very good. Don't go anywhere near Fasthosts – if they're even still going.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Don't go anywhere near Fasthosts – if they're even still going.

They are and still causing web professionals everywhere misery…

"I've got a domain already – yeah, registered with fasthosts…"

*facepalm*

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Decent price for web hosting?’ is closed to new replies.