Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Decent LBS in Telford/ Shrewsbury/ Stafford ish area?
  • crashbanggg
    Free Member

I’m living in Newport (Shropshire) and need to get my bike frame bearings replaced, and having realized I have even less tools than I first envisaged I think I need to give up and find a shop to do it. So can anyone recommend any within about an hour or so drive?

Having merrily told freshers we ride every week I need to get it sorted ASAP!

Cheers

Chris

prawny

The one in market Drayton is meant to be good, can’t remember what it’s called.

Stafford has Henry burton cycles, but they’re more road biased, you might be better going to mammoth in Milford or swinnertons on the chase.

Leisure lakes in wolvo, not sure about Telford, how far are you from long mynd? Decent looking shop there.

crashbanggg
    Free Member

Thanks!

I’ll give the Market Drayton one a call tomorrow, fingers crossed they’ll be able to sort it!

The Long Mynd is a fair trek from here so I’d ideally like to avoid that.

mrhoppy

Over Shrewsbury you’re spoilt for choice, Trailhead in Shrewsbury for MTB quick turnaround and good prices on servicing and good community input (shop rides and stuff). Stan Jones or Dave Mellor are good to but are generally a little harder to get servicing but carry more stock. All good though. Plush Hill in Church Stretton are good too but a little further away.

twoniner
    Free Member

I lived in Shrewsbury for 3 years, I couldnt fault Dave mellor for service. The Trailhead opnened just before I left so didnt get a chance to use them. They get good reviews though.

walleater

I’ve not been in there (as I live in Canada…) but I’d vote for Trailhead as it’s a bit more mountain bike orientated and Sandy is a good guy. Dave Mellor’s heart was always in cross / road but I’m sure over the last 20+yrs he’s purchased bearing pullers / presses too.

mrhoppy

Trailhead and Dave Mellors are linked anyway but it’s easier to get a workshop slot at Trailhead.

RoterStern
    Free Member

You could try Parker International on the Hortonwood estate in Donnington. They are mainly a roadie mail order company but they have a really good bike mechanic and they do stock some MTB parts. Probably need to make an appointment to have work done though. Failing that you can try Road and Dirt on the Springfield Industrial Estate in Newport. They mainly do motorbikes but the bosses daughter specializes in bikes and she is pretty good and goes out of her way to help. Funnily enough I am arriving in Newport at the end of the month if you fancy hooking up for a ride. I know all the secret trails in the area.

rab5474
    Free Member

I live in ternhill, and brennin bikes in market drayton are a good bunch of guys, its worth a trip down for a brew in their coffee shop

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Decent LBS in Telford/ Shrewsbury/ Stafford ish area?’ is closed to new replies.