• This topic has 14 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by paton.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Decent German(-speaking) radio
  • jimmy

Would like to listen to German to brush up a bit. – Anyone know of decent German speaking radio stations – preferably available somehow on Sonos – TuneIn… ?

I used to listen to HitRadio Ö3 in Austria but it’s possibly a bit too lively for me now… An equivalent of 6Music? Hmm, but preferably without an emphasis on German music. Too much to ask?

alpin
    Free Member

German radio is a bit pants mostly…

Ego fm.

Bayern 1 for some chat and oldies

Fm4 Austrian with a good mix. Presenters switch between English and German often.

flows
    Free Member

If you want to brush up your standard German a more northern take on the language than Bavarian or Austrian might be helpful. 😉 You could try one of the three stations of Deutschlandfunk (Deutschlandradio, Kultur or Nova).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy01

AntenneBayern, perhaps.

Coffee Break German podcasts?

mrmoofo

German radio was nearly unbearable when I lived there …
    I tried as it was a way of picking the language – but I never found one …

alpin
    Free Member

If you want to brush up your standard German a more northern take on the language than Bavarian or Austrian might be helpful.

Den red hoit wia Preiß….

Scapegoat

Good grief, takes me back. One family I lived with for a while listened to Radio Baden-Baden. It was the mid-seventies, so I don’t know if it’s still going. It played music that wasn’t exclusively German (or Europop) so was reasonably bearable. It must have been national as the family lived in Main-Taunus Kreis NR Frankfurt.

Have you considered audio books? More likely to be read in Hochdeutsch and will give you a better sense of sentence structure and syntax than some babbling DJ.

jimmy

Some good suggestions thanks.

If you want to brush up your standard German a more northern take on the language than Bavarian or Austrian might be helpful

I lived and worked in Austria for a bit, none of that Hochdeutsch nonsense for me danke sehr.

Scapegoat

Have you seen Der Pass? Excellent TV and Gedeon’s accent is a real treat. The subtitles mean you don’t miss anything, a bit like reading a parallel text book.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Came to suggest FM4 👍 but again, it’ll be Austrian German (not that I can really speak or understand German any more..! 😭)

RoterStern
    Free Member

Not radio but what about GCN Deutsch?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.