Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Decent evening riding around Nottingham (if there is such a thing)…
  • davetrave
    Free Member

Moving to a new job in Nottingham in July and after some tips on where’s good to ride – will be living in Beeston/Chilwell (during the week and then commuting home to York at the weekends) so evening rides from the door, up to 2-3 hours, very much the order of the day (or night)… Ta muchly.

mildred

I think in and around the hemlock stone at stapleford is meant to be ok. It depends on what type if riding you want . I think it’s a struggle to get a purely off-road 2-3 hours from beeston/chilwell.

You could put a bit of a loop via old Nottm canal, Erewash canal, Eastwood, underwood & the woods around jct27 m1, then back.

JamesD
    Free Member

Drop me a note when you move up, happy to show you around… plenty of sniggletrack if you know where to look 🙂

funkynick

There’s plenty off stuff around just following the bridleways, just don’t expect it all to be fantastic although there is some fun stuff about.

For singletrack woodsy stuff you really need to be heading north towards Bestwood country park, and then Burntstumps, Sansom and Blidworth beyond that.

By July I should be back on the bike for evening rides, so drop me a line and I’ll see if I can show you some stuff out towards Ilkeston way.

davetrave
    Free Member

James and Nick, thanks, will do!

mysterymove
    Free Member

Well when you guy’s start riding PM me – I’ve just moved to Ruddington, I’d be up for an evening jaunt…

rustler
    Free Member

There’s a group who work at the Boots HQ, who ride regularly. I’ve been along with them, & shown them round Cannock Chase a few times. Top bunch of lads & lasses. Really nice folk. They even send the rides out as Outlook meeting requests & everything. I’ll put you in touch if you like.

funkynick

mysterymove… have you found the 4X/BMX track at Ruddington yet?

mysterymove
    Free Member

funkynick – yeap, all of 4 minutes ride (roll) from my house, even built myself a little 4x bike specifically for a play – i’m still rubbish tho!

AdamW
    Free Member

Add me onto the list too. Be good to get out locally (Long Eaton).

And remember your friendly neighbourhood singletrack fools:

NATS! 😀

vdubber67
    Free Member

mysterymove – Member
    Well when you guy’s start riding PM me – I’ve just moved to Ruddington, I’d be up for an evening jaunt

Mysterymove. Drop me a mail if you want a guided tour of the trails near Ruddington. I live just off Clifton Road in the village. Some reasonable riding out from the village itself.

rtedgeAThotmail.com (Rich)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Decent evening riding around Nottingham (if there is such a thing)…’ is closed to new replies.