Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Decent dropper lever that doesn’t cost the earth?
  • ogden
    Free Member

So I can’t change my V1 one up dropper lever to clamp or get an adaptor to work with hope e4 brakes, so what decent dropper post lever that comes with a clamp can I get for less than £40?

Poopscoop

ZTTO or my favourite the Bonty Mk2.👍

Around £18, £24 ish respectively.

The Bonty MK2 on my bike. It actually looks a quality bit of kit. Cable not cut yet, cable terminates at the lever end. Matchmaker/ i spec II compatible out of the box.

LAT

ZTTO are pretty good. I don’t use it and think it’s awful. Though I only have trans-x as a comparison for cable operated dropper levers. I suspect you want one sooner than the time it takes to arrive from China.

bontrager is said yo be good value and shimano have one in their deore lineup, don’t know if they are in the shops just yet

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ztto +1

There’s someone in ireland I think importing them so if you dont pick the cheapest on ebay the postage should be quick.

sam_underhill

Ztto is seems like a copy of the wolf tooth lever. The only bad bit is the barrel adjuster on it, so I swapped that with something I had in my parts box. It’s really quite good, especially when I think about the cost difference with the wolf tooth version on my wife’s bike!

akira

The new one up one is £42, not cheap but better then the various £80. Not sure how some are more expensive than a decent shifter and half the price of a full dropper.

joebristol

I’ve got the ZTTO one (with a Oneup V2 post) and so far it’s been good. The barrel adjuster is really cheap and crap but once adjusted I haven’t needed to touch it so I’m not too bothered.

I’ve got a brand x one on the other bike (MK2 version of that lever) and it does the job ok – but it doesn’t feel as nice as the ZTTO.

I’ve also got a mk1 Bonty lever – it worked well with the brand x post I had before the Oneup – but it was really stuff to push once I put the Oneup post on that bike. I think the pivot isn’t in a great place for maximum leverage. Same post with the ZTTO is great.

nickjb
    Free Member

I put an old front shifter on the wife’s bike. Just needed to open it up, remove the down shift lever and dremel off the ratchet pawl. Makes for a good quality lever, basically for free (as you can’t give front shifers away now). Also loads of mounting option from i-spec to bar clamp and it matches your rear shifer if you like that sort of thing. You may need a solderless nipple depending on your cable arrangement

honourablegeorge

Bikeyoke triggy lever mounts on E4s no problem with the Hope SRAM mount. Clamp version of the Oneup one looks like it would fit the same way

pedlad

New ZTTO user with hope tech levers here. V impressed. Quality and light action is lovely. By comparison I jumped on a demo bike that had a Shimano branded lever this week and that felt horrid.

ogden
    Free Member

Anyone got a link to the UK seller of these ZTTO levers? I can only find them from China.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Clamp version of the Oneup one looks like it would fit the same way

Certainly my v2 OneUp lever bolts straight to my Hope Matchmaker adaptor for SRAM shifters on a Race Evo brake lever.

It is the bare lever I bolt to the matchmaker, no adaptor/bar clamp

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Decent dropper lever that doesn’t cost the earth?’ is closed to new replies.