• This topic has 22 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by igm.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Decent cycling clothing for ladies
  • MaryHinge
    Free Member

Wife’s birthday coming up. She’s starting to ride more and wants some better kit.

She wants sleeveless jersey with pockets, in a nice, feminine ish but not pink design.

Plus shorts, but not bibs.

Any where I should be looking.

Would be good if there were some stock somewhere to try on as fit is important. We are in mid Wales but don’t mid a day out in Cardiff, Bristol, Worcester, North Wales if there is anywhere with good stock.

And….is there a girlie specific chamois cream?

TIA

joshvegas
    Free Member

Jerseys… torm?

Never seen a womens one but they’re nice jersey.

Bibs. An ex of mine had halter neck shorts which made a pee in a hedge waaaay easier!

Dhb aeron aor eg.

Pook

Findra and Flare do nice stuff

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lunge

My wife loves the Decathlon stuff, nice colours and the kit is really good quality too. Not mega expensive either, plus you can try it on in store.

kilo

Vanderkitten do quite funky stuff, Mrs Kilo rates it. Tapas and assos for shorts

kilo

Rapha rather than tapas in my last post

nicknameless
    Free Member
    fathomer

My wife is a bib convert having discovered the Endura’s that have what I think is called the drop seat. Basically a zip that runs across the bum/lower back allowing for easy toilet access.

Esme
    Free Member

A good range of women’s cycling stuff?  I don’t think such a shop exists in the UK!

I now buy online, in a couple of sizes, in the hope that one of them actually fits.

Bike24 has an excellent selection (188 sleeveless tops). It’s a German online retailer (bought last year by Wiggle), and I’ve always had very good service from them.

It’s also worth keeping an eye on the Sport Pursuit sales, as they sometimes have nice women’s clothing. Free returns if you use PayPal, I believe.

pyranha

Terry Bicycles do some nice things, but I don’t know that much is available in the UK.  I did buy a Sun Goddess top (Union Jack design – only available from US) a few years ago for my wife, as a present shortly after she started riding – I was prepared for the duty etc

Then, there’s velovixen.com and I know there’s another women’s gear shop, but I just can’t bring it to mind.

scud
    Free Member

Velovixen are a ladies specific website.

My friend really rates the DHB ladies range too as being good and well priced (like the mens i guess) and also has a lot of the ladies Chapeau gear

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Some great suggestions there, plenty Ive not even heard of. Cheers all.

@kilo
    – love the Tapas auto correct 🙂

jamesmio
    Free Member

Mrs M’s a big fan of Flare stuff – https://flareclothingco.com/

It’s nice kit, I must say.

Both Madison & Endura’s women-specific gear is really nice too and well worth a look.

Trimix
    Free Member

Velovixen are excellent.

https://www.velovixen.com/

daern
    Free Member

Mrs Daern loves Liv and, more especially, Scott clothing. She has always rated the fit and quality of Scott’s women’s range over any others she has had. Not always easy to find in-store, so we tend to pick it up online when it appears at a decent price.

ElShalimo

My wife has a lovely Torm jersey. I’m very jealous. It’s the same as this one.

She also really likes her Galibier shorts, Morvelo bibs and Endura jerseys & jackets.

Scott make some nice kit too.

Yak

I have some Torm jerseys. Great kit, if a bit warm right now like all sportwool stuff.

Mrs Yak mostly has sleaved jerseys – some club stuff and some Altura, dbh, trek. All seem ok. Not sure about sleeveless though. Wouldn`t be allowed if your wife enters a race though.

Baggies – Endura ladies stuff is good.

Female chamois cream? No idea. A nice minty tingle is the same for both sexes I would have thought?

psling
    Free Member

And….is there a girlie specific chamois cream?

Charlie the Bikemonger’s Bum Butter is claimed to be female friendly; my daughter uses it and is complimentary about it.

alisonsmiles
    Free Member

Big fan of Hoo Haa Ride Glide for a women specific chamois cream. Probably partly for the name and the packaging.

trail_rat
    Free Member

mrs T-R likes castellli shorts. for non bib variety (for touring and stuff)

She how ever much prefers bibs with the QR halter neck for almost everything that isnt touring .

chamois buttr HER is the cream of choice apparently.

wallop

When I want a treat I head to the Rapha Archive store in Shepton Mallet. Big discounts, lovely kit.

For MTB I like Maloja, Race Face and Findra.

For nice sleeveless jerseys check out Kandesent, they are lovely.

TheGingerOne

My other half recommends DHB and DotOut at the moment

igm

If it’s your/her thing, Assos are selling winter kit cheap(er) at their Regent St shop.

60% off the jacket I got.

Not sure what all is in.

That said, Castelli and Cycology for my wife.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Decent cycling clothing for ladies’ is closed to new replies.