Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Decent campsite in or around Coed Y Brenin
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Since the Dyfi is cancelled and the ferry already booked (and it’s always good to go biking anyway), can someone please recommend campsites in the Coed Y Brenin area, and down to as far as Machynlleth – might spend a night there too.

Preferably somewhere that we can have a BBQ, and also preferably not too noisy or loud with groups of large families… not sure that’s possible and I know the answer to get away from them is to go wild camping, but we’d like to shower etc after biking 🙂 . Just room for a car and 2 man tent needed.

Ps already searched for related topics but they all seem to be a few years old or older. Don’t know if any of the camping areas have changed.

Cheers!

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Graig Wen is a beautiful spot overlooking the Mawddach estuary – about 10miles from CYB.

They have a small proper camping area and a massive area of “wild camping”

carlosg
    Free Member

I always used to stop at Tanyfron caravan and camping on the outskirts of Dolgellau. Not a massive site decent facilities and walking distance to the town centre. Its been a good few years since I last went though.

01341 422638 is the no I have for them.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂 . Graig looks ideal. Still keen on others a bit more in mid Wales for a night too though.

nolan
    Free Member

Cae Gwyn is the closest to CyB. Just a short ride from the campsite to link to the trails. Decent facilities and has stunning views.

Tracey

We stopped at the Torrent Walk Campsite
    First class and just far enough out of the town to be quiet. They also had a bunk house

Tiger6791

Graig Wen is a beautiful spot overlooking the Mawddach estuary – about 10miles from CYB.

They have a small proper camping area and a massive area of “wild camping”

Was about to say the same, another vote.

Spud

Third one for Graig Wen, fabulous location and Sarah and Jon are great.

al2000

We always stay at Dolgamedd, lovely site, pitch by the river for campfires.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Any other campsites close to Machynlleth or Nant Y Arian for one nights stay there? Cheers.

Booked into Graig for one night.

jkomo

What is this madness.

http://www.caegwynfarm.co.uk/

It is opposite, and ace.

parkesie
    Free Member

Bont du on the estuary as basic as you like  with the best views

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Decent campsite in or around Coed Y Brenin’ is closed to new replies.