Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Decent bike shop in Dundee?
  • bigbouncybike
    Free Member

Errrrr yeah… can anyone recommend a decent bike shop in or around Dundee please?
    Not long been in the area and wondering who folk use for parts and/or repairs?

jonm81

Before I learnt to do all the bike stuff myself I always used to use Nicholsons at the top of the Hilltown when I lived up there. They weren’t the cheapest but were very good.

Futureboy77

Nicholsons as above. They have been on the go for many years and are a nice bunch of folk as well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheFlyingOx

If you’re ever over the water in Fife,I can’t recommend 2 Wheel Care in Pitscottie enough. I’ve used them a fair few times in the last two or three years. Absolutely top notch service, prices are extremely good and they do s pick up/drop off service for your bike as well.

easdoesit
    Free Member

+1 for 2 wheel care

househusband
    Free Member

Another vote for 2 Wheel Care in Pitscottie.

Home

(I live so close that I could almost freewheel there from my door.)

jca

I use Spokes, largely because they are a 5 minute walk from my office. Only had them do spannering a couple of times since I try to do what I can myself, but on the two occasions I needed to fall back on someone who knew what they were doing, they were great and the charges were reasonable – even when I walked in with a broken bike from my commute in, which was sorted for me in time to ride home again.

bigbouncybike
    Free Member

Nice one, cheers everybody
    Pitscottie’s probably a bit too far but I’ll keep it in mind, I’ll give Nicholsons and spokes a try first!

Shackleton

If you live to the west of Dundee I’m happy to share what I know (and my tools). Or go to Spokes if you are in the West centre. Never had cause to go to Nicholson (East of centre) but non biking friends said they were good and nice to deal with.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I used to work at Spokes and the Dundee branch was always staffed by the most reasonable guys, and they were more mountain bike focused than their other stores.

booji
    Free Member

Don’t know about in Dundee but Leslie Bike Shop in Glenrothes I can recommend

bigbouncybike
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer Shackleton! I’ve not got anything needing done just now – it’s mainly just for the last minute/short notice brake pads and gear cables etc
    And then every so often when I bite off more than I can chew and have to drop off a bag of half assembled bits at the bike shop with my tail between my legs!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Decent bike shop in Dundee?’ is closed to new replies.