Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Decathlon Tilt 100 fixed wheel road bike for £200
  • Premier Icon TiRed

Not quite what was sold, but a few extra parts and a 12 sprocket, and I’ve built up this for Son2 to get around uni in Ireland. Rides very well and I could fit a Brompton luggage block when he gets back @cynic—al, I know you were interested in a project. This was £210: £150 for the bike, £30 for the swap to drop bars and levers and £30 for the seatpost. I had the tyres and Flite Ti saddle already. Swapping tyres and seatpost/saddle saved over a kilo! Short wheelbase and high front end, but very pleased with the outcome. Now to post it.

Premier Icon csb

I understand the project side, but wouldn’t he have been better off getting a second hand old hardtail for that money, with gears and a pannier rack, if its for getting round town and locking up outside?

Premier Icon mrhoppy

locking up outside?

It has the advantage that it doesn’t need locking up.

As a commuter it looks ok and at that price it’s a no trainer, not sure I’d have bothered drop barring it.

Premier Icon TiRed

Have you seen the current price of used bikes in shops? The shop local to him wanted £200 plus for a 20 year old steel klunker. It’s a bit of fun really. He also wants to keep it in his (small) student flat. Son1 took a poo-brown Langster which he basically destroyed over four years. Son2 is abroad so couldn’t take one as easily on the plane when we went and wanted something a bit different. I have a locking seatpost collar for if he leaves it outside. He won’t be carrying it far 😉

Premier Icon crikey
    Free Member

It looks like an effective contraceptive. 🙂

Premier Icon TiRed

I will admit that’s not it’s best angle! He’s a pilot. I don’t think the bike will be an issue 😉

Premier Icon alpin
    Free Member

At least he won’t need a lock….

Premier Icon jkomo

Excellent at stoppies, whether you want one or not. Good work though. My eldest wouldn’t even take a goretex 3 layer jacket cos it is the same as one a teacher of his has four years ago.

Premier Icon Poopscoop

I actually like it!

Nice one op and hope your son rides it into the ground, just as a bike should be.👍

Premier Icon finbar
    Free Member

Fixed gear ergo its cool. Trackstands outside halls will have the ladies swooning 😉

I’ve got a Dahon Mu Uno frame I’m half third-way through building into a similar fixed gear folder.

Premier Icon miketually
    Free Member

Is it fixed, or SS?

Premier Icon john_l

Shouldn’t the steerer be the same angle as the head tube?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon Tilt 100 fixed wheel road bike for £200’ is closed to new replies.