Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Decathlon AM Waterproof Jacket – any users?
  • bullandbladder
    Free Member

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/am-waterproof-mountain-bike-jacket/_/R-p-309673

Looks like a lot of jacket for a sum of money I’d be prepared to pay. Thinking I’ll take a punt if they ever come back into stock. Just wondered if anybody here has one?

johnnystorm

My mate at work has one and rides/bikepacks long distances in all weathers and loves his. I decided then to get one and of course, they are all sold out. 🙁

MoreCashThanDash

Looks great value, though they seem a little coy about breathability

keith74

It’s great value for the money. Have one that gets used far more than the expensive gore and endura jackets.

Had a few crashes in it and it’s amazingly tough for its price. Think I was just lucky to be in store when they actually had stock.

matt_outandabout

I’ve just bought youngest_oab a Madison Stellar for less than that. It’s a brilliant jacket, really good details and nicely cut.
    Middle_oab has an Endura Singletrack jacket, again similar to less money and really stylish and well thought out, with hood.

ash.addy
    Free Member

Thanks just seen this and bought one.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Glad to be of assistance 😉

hainman
    Free Member

Not used the AM bike jacket but on my 2nd MH500 and love it
    The newer one is up from 10,000 to 15,000 waterproof and only a fiver dearer at £65
    An absolute steal and awesome jacket

bullandbladder
    Free Member

@hainman, will the hood of that jacket fit over a helmet comfortably?
    I really like the yellow one, but an over-lid hood is a requirement for me.

ash.addy
    Free Member

Had mine delivered yesterday and I’m really impressed with the quality and the fit.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Some stock is showing on the website now – hopefully mine will arrive this week 👍

butcher

What’s the sizing like on these, I’m always between medium and small but often go for small in jackets?

Also, is it any good for walking? Would quite like something that’s good for general purpose use. Lots of cycling jackets are cut high, and would the hood be unusable without a helmet?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Decathlon stuff tends to be on the small side, I’m a large on the few jackets I have (otherwise almost always a medium, occasionally small)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dunno about the AM, but the MH500 is a tight fit over a lid, but I never wear it over the lid anyway, so wasn’t bothered. I’ve hillwalked in the MH500 for a few years now, it’s been great butcher, hood cinches down nicely for a good fit, and has a decent rain peak too.

Bought a new walking waterproof recently, as I wanted something more packable, so 500 will only be for biking now, great jacket though.

mrmoofo

I sent mine back …
    Great big vents under the arms and on the back. No he of which can be closed. Hence it is not waterproof … it has big gaping holes it it …
    Wind on the south down s doesn’t just blow from the front

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

TBH it does say that in the reviews…

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

Bought one off the back of this thread and took it out on Tuesday in utter filth weather and it was excellent.

Highly recommend even over my endura jackets.

mrmoofo

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

TBH it does say that in the reviews…

Maybe because that was my review ?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lol! Fair dos! 🤣

bullandbladder
    Free Member

@butcher – mine arrived yesterday and quality looks good. Fits as expected – I particularly like the way the cuffs have been shaped around the hand. The vents mentioned above are not very large and I tend to leave pit vents open whatever the weather, so not an issue for me (unless they turn out to be too small to ventilate adequately).
    The hood is gigantic and I think would be useless worn without a helmet – the ‘peak’ flops down over your face! It does have a volume reducer but even then I think the merest gust of wind would take it straight off unless you have a head like The Mekon.
    I shall road test it tomorrow, all being well.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Jacket

I posted a PSA about these jackets way back when I got the older design above, as it was very good for the money. I was comparing it to the top of the range Maddison Addict jacket (has some better design features) with an RRP more than double. Incidentally all the zips failed on my Maddsion jacket!

Ironically I missed the sale (by a week) of the less popular colours, 40 quid a piece (RRP 60). I should have bought a few! TBH I’m not sure the new design is a improvement.

z1ppy

I’m a big proponent of decathlon kit, but thought I’d give the Endura Singletrack 2020 a try, ( @mrmoofo )as it on sale at cycle-store for similar money to the AM. I have to say it looks a great jacket, testing tomorrow

dave_robinson1
    Free Member

Thought I’d take a punt on one of these as they have a bit of stock! Ordered both a small and a medium as I’ve never tried anything from Decathlon before… thanks for the heads up!

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Still haven’t tried mine out yet – road bike is getting more action than the MTB at the moment 🙄

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon AM Waterproof Jacket – any users?’ is closed to new replies.