Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Decal ideas
  • Premier Icon bigyim
    Free Member

I’m trying to make some extra pocket money so I’ve been thinking about making some bike related decals and stickers for eBay

So far all I’ve thought is some personalised pain cave decals in the zwift font etc. And maybe some frame decals. Then I’m fresh out of ideas. Has anyone got any ideas or ever thought I wish I could get …………
    Thanks In advance all

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

You can make things easier for yourself with a die cutting machine.
    eg –
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384404493982?epid=1866152749&hash=item59804b169e:g:3vEAAOSwTgJhDY6n

Premier Icon bigyim
    Free Member

That’s what I’ve got dyna ti

Premier Icon loughor
    Free Member

I’ve often thought that band logos would be cool 😎 for example the classic Motörhead’s motif or Iron Maiden ?

Premier Icon scotroutes

There’s this thing called Copyright

Premier Icon loughor
    Free Member

Yeah, sorry hadn’t considered that 😊

Premier Icon tomhoward

There’s this thing called Copyright

Meh, just start a petition to make the copyright owners out to be the bad guys by not letting your small family run business use their trademarks for free, without permission.

Premier Icon redthunder
    Free Member

Interested in the making the sticker part, not fussed about selling.

Like to be able to cut paper, vinyl, wood and metal.

Anyone laser cutter recomendations ?

No bigger than A4.

RT

Premier Icon scotroutes

Frame protection patches?

Given a few frames to experiment with you could tailor them. Might be a half-way between full frame protection and none.

Premier Icon ajantom

Interested in the making the sticker part, not fussed about selling.

Like to be able to cut paper, vinyl, wood and metal.

Anyone laser cutter recomendations ?

No bigger than A4.

For card and vinyl your much better off with a plotter cutter machine. It’s A LOT cheaper.

Our Laser cutter at work (school DT dept) will do those + plywood/MDF and plastics up to about 8/10mm thick.
    AFAIK it won’t do metal – lasers struggle with reflective surfaces. There are work arounds, but you’re often better off getting it cut on a CNC mill or water-jet.

The laser cutter was around £15k 10 years ago, and costs about £300 a year in servicing & parts.

I’ve not tried any of the cheapy (circa. £3-500) A4 bed laser cutters you see on ebay and Amazon, but I imagine they’re probably a bit crap.

Premier Icon sharkattack

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.