Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Decaf coffee
  • futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Another vote for Lavazza Blue, also Cafe Direct Machu Picchu is just as good.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Readers will have to believe that my tongue is, at least partly, in my cheek for this.

The OP, like most of the world and I certainly include myself in this, is a junkie.

Coffee, all coffee, however ‘good’ or ‘bad’ tastes shit, or bitter at best. You can mask it as much as you like with fat (cream or milk) or sugar (sugar, sugar or one of the dozens of ‘flavours’) but coffee tastes shit.

Like other recreational drugs, if it didn’t do, what it does, you’d give up after your first dose.

I suspect the best decaf coffee is the one with the most caffeine left in it.

lucien

Lavazza is made with chemical method as per post above from dyna-ti, shame as I quite like the strength and flavour of caffeinated Lavazza.

Have been buying Spiller & Tait decaff (swiss water method) and it makes a really decent cup of coffee – albeit from a bean to cup as opposed to pre-ground.  Maybe a coffee grinder to go with the Aeropress is the way to go…..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

Like other recreational drugs, if it didn’t do, what it does, you’d give up after your first dose.

Actually, I’d drink far more if it didn’t have caffeine in it!

MoreCashThanDash

Actually, I’d drink far more if it didn’t have caffeine in it!

Me too, I’ve become more sensitive to caffeine so have cut back during lockdown.

Sandwich

Coffee, all coffee, however ‘good’ or ‘bad’ tastes shit, or bitter at best.

Don’t drink the blended bean coffee then and certainly not continental roast. Some of the single variety stuff is very pleasant and not harsh at all. A similar difference between drinking Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay (I’m with the Chardonnay sippers).

finbar
    Free Member

Aha!

Just watching a video from Sir James about coffee grinders and he talks about the fats and oils in old ground coffee oxidising, going rancid and tasting fishy.

This is definitely what I got from that Taylor’s decaf I mentioned in the OP. It’s still in the cupboard at work by the way 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Decaf coffee’ is closed to new replies.