Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • DebonAir upgrade question. 27.5 & 29er Same spring?
  • PolisherMan

If I’m upgrading a Yari 27.5+/29er fork from 120 to 130mm, it looks like it’s the same spring whether it’s a 27.5 or a 29er fork. Is that right?

Cheers.

stevextc
    Free Member

If I understand correctly the Debonaire upgrade is the airshaft side the damper is on the other.  (charger or whatever)

The airshaft is the same lengths for different forks but giving different travel… hence for a 26″ it gives more travel than 27.5 than 29…. so the 29 will be the smallest travel quoted for that specific airshaft.

mark90
    Free Member

Pike airshafts give different travel in different wheel sized chassis. The Yari / Lyric chassis airshaft is wheel size agnostic. So yes any Yari / Lyric 130mm airshaft will give 130mm.

Worth going for the 2019 debonair shaft imho.

stevextc
    Free Member

Pike airshafts give different travel in different wheel sized chassis. The Yari / Lyric chassis airshaft is wheel size agnostic. So yes any Yari / Lyric 130mm airshaft will give 130mm.

Worth going for the 2019 debonair shaft imho.

Phew…. I was correct enough for me… as I’m currently waiting for the debonaire upgrade airshaft for the pike which should also be taking my travel up …

cokie

Here’s a chart for what you need- yes, 27.5 & 29 are the same airshaft for the Yari.

You can get the bits HERE or send Ben at Bird a message.

Very worthwhile upgrade. Completly tranformed my Pikes. It’s now got small bump sensitivety! Very linear feel and ramps up nicely at the end. I ended up removing one of the tokens (all else being the same). Do it!

PolisherMan

Cheers all. The forks have only got 120mm sag markings on. I guess that doesn’t matter if I want to adjust the travel. Suppose they’re just OEM stock…

cokie

Yup, you’ll be fine. Stantions are all the same length, just marked up differently for original travel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘DebonAir upgrade question. 27.5 & 29er Same spring?’ is closed to new replies.