Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Debonair Spring Upgrade – Results
  • geex
    Free Member

normal social situations

hahahaa hahaha 🙂

rickon
    Free Member

Riding a Pike 150 with the 2016-2018 Debonair, vs. the Pike 150 with the 2019 debonair I can tell the difference in stichion. Even after an air spring service the 2019 feels smoother.

It requires more air and less volume tokens to perform properly, compared to the older air spring.

charliemort

So more pressure and less tokens after the upgrade? Is that right? I’m sure some people have said less air?

qtip

So more pressure and less tokens after the upgrade? Is that right? I’m sure some people have said less air?

Assuming you’re not changing the travel, then that would be a good starting point. You might also find that you want a touch more rebound damping due to the higher air pressure and a little less LSC.

charliemort

Okay – what’s the logic there? More pressure as the spring is more supple? And few tokens due to extra pressure and greater mid travel support?

Thanks

kimbers

And few tokens due to extra pressure and greater mid travel support?

Thanks

Less tokens because bigger -ve chamber is using space previously taken up by +ve chamber

bear-uk
    Free Member

My 150 pike 2019 kit is using 10 psi more air for 20% sag and running 2 tokens and 2 less rebound.
    I am still adjusting things so might take 1 token out.
    As its on a heavy ebike 1 token might be to soft but have to try it sometime.

nevermindthebutter
    Free Member

I’ve added a 170 debonair spring to my 160 RCT3 Lyrik and added a token (making 3 total). I was using the travel too easily and the fork was tucking – much prefer a firmer feel.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Debonair Spring Upgrade – Results’ is closed to new replies.