Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Death was proabably an accident
  • iolo
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24927078

Of course it was.
    He was in a holdall locked on the outside FFS!!!
    Not an MI6 coverup honest guv.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I was amused at that report on R4 during the drive home. The report was almost apologetic in tone!

rene59
    Free Member

MI6 coverup?

Nah, they “helped” with the investigation. They couldn’t have been involved in a cover up.

A tragic accident, that’s all this was. Could have happened to anyone.

wwaswas

Having seen video of someone of his size locking themselves in one of those bags I suspect, from what I’ve read, that it was self inflicted. Very sad.

iolo
    Free Member

The guy was naked but there was no DNA or fingerprints on the padlock.
    He must have slipped when he was having a shower somehow ending up in the bag clicking the lock.

totalshell

do you really need the details.. lad away from home.. time on his hands ..

nealglover
    Free Member

Of course it was.
    He was in a holdall locked on the outside FFS!!!

Easy enough to do yourself really.

(Not sure why you would, but it’s perfectly doable)

chewkw
    Free Member

Bad news for North Face holdall as the jobworth will now have an excuse to ban all holdall on Health and safety ground … 🙄

iolo
    Free Member

I’ll go and try it now.

jackberesford
    Free Member

So from what I can gather from the news report, they’ve decided that it was an accident, no one else was involved and he didn’t take his own life?

thejesmonddingo

Yes,what’s odd about that?

iolo
    Free Member

The previous coroner said it was probably suspicious, this one says probable accident.
    Who knows.

thejesmonddingo

I don’t think this one is a coroner,it’s a Met internal inquiry.

nealglover
    Free Member

So from what I can gather from the news report, they’ve decided that it was an accident, no one else was involved and he didn’t take his own life?

Yes. That’s what it said.

Junkyard
    Free Member

A tragic accident, that’s all this was. Could have happened to anyone

I think run over by a car crossing over the road could happen to anyone but no this method of death unless of course its just me who has led a sheltered life and never done this

zippykona

I reckon it was David Kelly.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Lack of DNA on the padlock is a bit of a red herring IMO – we don’t leave a recoverable + identifiable amount of DNA on everything we ever touch.

Still an odd one though. Where’s the fun in getting in a bag? But on the other hand, would an agency like MI6 really choose locking-someone-in-a-bag-to-death over one of the many alternative methods of assassination?

Harry_the_Spider

it’s a Met internal inquiry

thejesmonddingo

thegreatape,it depends whether they wanted to send a message to someone?

fibre
    Free Member

Because there’s no evidence of someone else being there it must be an “accident”, hmmmmmm. In film and real life when someone needs to be shut up it generally involves damaging someone’s credibility or reputation, and killing them in strange ways so it doesn’t look like murder. It just seems too odd to me.

I wonder what he knew\said that he shouldn’t have.

They probably confronted him an gave him two options:
    Option 1: death, in the form of a pervy accident.
    Option 2: you can live, but to damage your reputation we “find” pictures of kids on your laptop and out you as a paedo.

rene59
    Free Member

You’ve never locked yourself naked in a holdall and then go on to place your bagged self in an empty bath? Apparently, if we are to believe the MET, without any other persons assistance. Then go on to lay there dead for a week, conveniently decomposing to a level that makes cause of death undetectable. All before anyone from the security services would bother to go check on you, at your own home address, being a reported missing spy and all?

Come on we’ve all done it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes it probably happened just like that – life does mirror the movies right 😯

Now I am no spy master – i would say that though wouldnt I – but if i wanted to bump someone off i would do so in a way that did not look odd and suspicious and draw attention to it.
    You probably think it was a double bluff now.

imnotverygood

If you were going to try and make it look like suicide, why wouldn’t you make it look like suicide. Not an odd method which seems almost inconceivably difficult to do. If you are going to murder someone, then why would you choose this method? Sorry, I can see why the conspiracy theories take hold, but they just don’t add up.

Harry_the_Spider

It might make anybody else at MI6 on the verge of doing something naughty think again.

grantway
    Free Member

So was it his Gran that put him in the red sports holdall 😯

imnotverygood

It certainly might make someone who was thinking of locking themselves into a sports holdall think again.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I can see why the conspiracy theories take hold, but they just don’t add up.

which is true of them all tbh

I agree of all the ways to kill someone why pick one this odd and suspicious?

footflaps

Wasn’t he just a SW coder in decryption, or similar role (rather than a spy)? Hence much more prone to obscure sexual gratification techniques, not involving other people (bit like Tory MPs).

takisawa2

Every time I padlock myself into a holdall I have a fear something like this could happen.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

If you wanted to top yourself, I’m sure most folk could come up with a method that they wouldn’t have many seconds to regret until they checked out.

Stuffing yourself into a bag and padlocking it couldn’t have been a very rapid way out the gene pool.

Total cover up IMO

maxtorque

Silly question. How do you close a lock from the inside of a holdall?

Sorry, i’m a bit inexperienced in all that kinky stuff…….. 😉

footflaps

I’m guessing that with the big zips on those large holdalls, there is enough gap between the zip tags to snap a padlock shut. Although WTF he thought he was going to do to get out of there is another matter…

aracer
    Free Member

Come on we’ve all done it.

I did it twice last week, though I’m trying to limit myself to just once this week.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

imnotverygood – Member
    If you were going to try and make it look like suicide, why wouldn’t you make it look like suicide. Not an odd method which seems almost inconceivably difficult to do. If you are going to murder someone, then why would you choose this method?

i always thought of it along the lines of he had been killed, put into a holdall, and then someone had **** up and not shifted the body before it was discovered. i didn’t realise he had died from being in the bag.

martinhutch

It’s a salutory warning to anyone else trying to get their mate on a Ryanair flight in hand luggage.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Funny innit, to think if Yasser Arafat hadn’t had that dodgy prawn or Alexander Litvinienko hadn’t got confused with buying polos or Bin Laden hadn’t walked into those errr bullets. Eeeh it’s a funny old world.

wallop

To be fair (or not, ahem), I did go out with a lad at Uni who was tall and very slim. For a laugh one night we piled him into a giant holdall and dragged him down the stairs of our halls. Bdoing, bdoing – it was super funny at the time.

maxtorque

Also, on just about every Holdall I’ve ever had, the zip breaks when you even just look at it(usually halfway across a crowded airport arrivals hall!), so how come he could’t just rip his way out??

globalti
    Free Member

This was the same bloke whose landlady had to untie him from his bed and in whose room £20,000 worth of women’s clothes were found. Just saying, like.

hora
    Free Member

Harry +1

In certain circles theyll make your death look extremely embarrasing to your loved ones or future generations.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Death was proabably an accident’ is closed to new replies.