Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • death to the member forum
  • Premier Icon howsyourdad1

seems pretty quiet there.  Perhaps it needs to be even more exclusive. More benefits… or perhaps just put it out of it’s misery. Like VAR.

Premier Icon nedrapier

Never been in it until just now. It’s how I expected, to be honest!

“Come to the new forum, it’s like the main one, but much fewer people look in there, or post in there. If you ask a question, hardly anyone will see it or answer it, and the biggest thread is the one talking about whether the new forum is pointless or not.”

Edit: that sounds overly negative! Nice idea, worth a try.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Free Member

Surprised the thread about the readers bike wasn’t in there. After all, non members can’t see the article that the thread is about.

Premier Icon thols2
    Free Member

I misread the title as “death to the forum member”, was expecting that someone’s shoes had been ****ed in, dog ****ed, lawn sausaged, etc.

Edit. Having popped in to take a look, what is the point of that forum anyway?

Premier Icon thepurist

I reckon it’ll perk up again when the next mag issue is published, but beyond that expect most people will continue using the main forum (and the one about bikes)

Premier Icon scuttler

Bikes? Weirdo. 😉

Premier Icon dangeourbrain

Edit. Having popped in to take a look, what is the point of that forum anyway?

Mainly “new mag is at the printer/posted/delayed/bloody awesome” etc so really it’s not likely to be overly busy because mainly the members’ stuff is reasonably limited but what there is is of interest to members when it’s current, no interest to non members and would vanish in the main forum pdq.

Premier Icon csb

Yeah but that free parts bonanza for members only was brilliant. Some of the bits people scored were worth loads!

Premier Icon duncancallum

I think it’s doing its job. I don’t think its role is to reduce traffic here more just be a hotline to “da managent”

Premier Icon kimbers

theres a member forum?

how long is the brexit thread?

Premier Icon nbt

Surprised the thread about the readers bike wasn’t in there. After all, non members can’t see the article that the thread is about.

ah, that’s called a “teaser”. If you subscribed, you’d be able to read it etc etc

Premier Icon DezB

I suspect if we had a need or desire to contact someone, or a few people, who work for the mag, that would be a good place, rather than it getting lost in the general debris. But I don’t have that need or desire, and I guess nor do (m)any others…

Premier Icon weeksy

I suspect if we had a need or desire to contact someone, or a few people, who work for the mag, that would be a good place, rather than it getting lost in the general debris. But I don’t have that need or desire, and I guess nor do (m)any others…

Or they could just create a contact button 😀

Premier Icon hamishthecat

I misread the title as “death to the forum member”, was expecting that someone’s shoes had been ****ed in, dog ****ed, lawn sausaged, etc.

My first thought was that it was a particularly niche sub-forum for the use of Lorena Bobbitt.

Premier Icon donald
    Free Member

Of course it’s quiet.

We were all terribly disappointed not to be able to meet up in Davos in January and the next Bilderberg meeting is still up in the air.

Haven’t seen anyone since Montreux FFS

Premier Icon maccruiskeen

and the next Bilderberg meeting is still up in the air

bilderberg? Are you sure? I thought we were planning a trip to Build-a-Bear Workshop. Is disappoint

Premier Icon weeksy

bilderberg? Are you sure? I thought we were planning a trip to Build-a-Bear Workshop. Is disappoint

not often i laugh, but i did !

Premier Icon Drac

Or they could just create a contact button

Like the one at the bottom of every page?

Premier Icon slowoldman

Just goes to show, posh folks like a bit of rough.

Premier Icon kayak23

seems pretty quiet there

I think most of us have moved over to the invite only members forum.

Premier Icon andybrad

tbh it was the fee parts that they gave away from all the product testing that made it worthwhile. Those DVO forks i got were amazing!

Premier Icon footflaps

I think most of us have moved over to the invite only members forum.

Up until the First Class members lounge opened, very hard to turn right now.

Although CFH still insists on wearing crocks whilst posting, they really should ban them.

Premier Icon DezB

Or they could just create a contact button

Like the one at the bottom of every page?

Yeah, I didn’t mean that specifically, or of that much import. Just something like “what temperature is the singletrack office today” type thing. Just as an example, obviously.

Premier Icon Rubber_Buccaneer

I suspect if we had a need or desire to contact someone, or a few people, who work for the mag, that would be a good place, rather than it getting lost in the general debris.

I see a couple of people have asked about member benefits but received no response so I think (as I did rather cynically at the member forum’s inception) that they may as well post in the main forum and be ignored as post in a special paying member forum and be ignored there 🤷

Premier Icon johnx2
    Free Member

I was black balled

Premier Icon maccruiskeen

I was black balled

Have you tried point your saddle down slightly so more of your weight is on your sit-bones?

Premier Icon DezB

I see a couple of people have asked about member benefits

Oh, wow. I didn’t see that!
    I didn’t cos I haven’t been in that forum. Pretty rude though

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg

It’s just a cover for the invite only VIP members only forum. 24hr party time in there!

Premier Icon Rubber_Buccaneer

24hr party time in there!

Haha, almost believed you 🤣

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.