Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 279 total)
  • Death Penalty.
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

Why not inject him with "the lethal injection" and do it the humane way.

killing people as revenge for a crime isn't humane, no matter how painless it is.

ton

teej, and everyone……joking aside, it is a bit of a sticky one tho.
    some people deserve it i think, some are not on this planet, and some are convicted when innocent.
    a proper sticky one..

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

As a direct result of the Gilford 4 and Birmingham 6 cases the Police & Criminal Evidence Act (PACE) 1984 was brought in. This sets 'due process' for the police to follow at arrest, questioning and gathering evidence.

In both these cases the 'evidence' was falsified. They had confessions beaten out of them in police custody. 'Experts' told the court what they thought the court wanted to hear.

Look up the case of Stefan Kisko for an unbelievable miscarriage of justice and staggering incompetence of the police.

The answer to the OP is a resounding NO from me.

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

If I haven't voted already – yes from me.

tankslapper
    Free Member

No from me – but tougher conditions meted out in Her Majesties Hotels….

tazzymtb

good lord I can't believe this is still going on. Can we have a post from kaesae about how he can execute a peado muderer in 5 minutes (using only a bench vice and a set of kona bearings) with a you tube vid to prove it followed by some surreal but ammusing insults just to round the evening off?

CountZero

Lol @ tazzy.

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes. But if that is not possible can we make sure life means life with no parole and not some 20 years term? Can we squeeze 10 per cell and one meal per day? Save money and space by the way so at least they are still alive.

Edit: Kill and be killed. Nothing to do with eye for an eye as we are not all blind.

thejesmonddingo

no

grantway
    Free Member

Just make sure they do the correct time in prison
    Noe early out.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Orange, sometimes purple.

AndyP
    Free Member

No, no and thrice no.

The only person in the world remotely deserving the death penalty is on her way out anyway and suffering from Alzheimer's. Got my dancing shoes ready.

Nezbo
    Free Member

YES – who is going to count these and post the results???

juan
    Free Member

No

ton

AndyP – Member
    No, no and thrice no.

The only person in the world remotely deserving the death penalty is on her way out anyway and suffering from Alzheimer's. Got my dancing shoes ready.

i have got the balloons and bunting ready…………… 😉

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

This morning – yes.

BermBandit
    Free Member

No No and No again.

The issue should be about what works and the guage of that should be what prevents reoffending. Not in respct of individual cases, but as a whole, (otherwise the Daily Mail brigade will inevitably discover the exceptions that prove the rule.)

Hanging people doesn't work. The level of crime that warranted a death sentence has not substantially changed capital punishment or no, and thats pretty much a worldwide experience not just in the UK (It is a given that dead person will not reoffend incidentally, but that is not the point here)

Locking people up does not generally lead to a reduction in reoffending. So its fairly obvious that we need to do something else.

Personally I'd fund the criminal justice system properly and judge outcomes and therefore salaries by recidivism rates, and simply leave it to the pros to resolve. I might even consider making it illegal to use it as a political football.

llamafarmer
    Free Member

100% No.

Olly
    Free Member

duckman

No, life means life though.

surfer
    Free Member

No, life means life though.

Surely not if they are truly sorry. I mean… wheres your compassion and sense of forgiveness?

Olly
    Free Member

how about putting people in a paralysed state like that poor german/austria/belgian bloke.

feed them with a hose, no movements,(and therefore little upkeep im guessing compared to keeping a prison undercontrol?) and the rest of thier lives to lie there and think about how naughty theve been?

surfer
    Free Member

Some people seem to be deriving too much ghoulish pleasure from this.

Please remember, the withdrawal of liberty is THE punishment. People aren't supposed to go into prison and then be punished.

psychle
    Free Member

I always think of this quote from 'Lord of the Rings' when it comes to the Death Penalty:

Gandalf the Grey:

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Says it all really…

Shackleton

No, never, under any circumstances.

Some of the posts on here are frankly a bit disturbing and sadistic. I think that as long as people think that these thoughts are rational and reasonable responses we shouldn't even entertain the idea of capital punishment.

chewkw
    Free Member

Such as the karma of those who kill … 😯

The attachment to life and the attachment to death.

Painful it is for both.

sofatester
    Free Member

Blimey, i have just read through this thread. One conclusion – there are some real loons on the internet! 😯

Colin-T

No.

Interesting recent article in the wooly minded bleading heart liberal Grauniad
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/nov/15/texas-death-penalty-execution-us

tankslapper
    Free Member

AndyP – Member
    No, no and thrice no.

OMG – Not Cherie Blair?!!!!

Travis

yes

and use their organs for donation and make some use out of them

midgebait
    Free Member

No.

jamesca
    Free Member

yes, and even for really minor offences.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Hang em by their unmentionables, kill em, then get a DeLorean, a flux capacitor and some other stuff, go back in time, and hang em again. What a load of old shi*e!

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

No except for bike theft.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

That was a 'no' from me, by the way.

OldGitSurrey
    Free Member

Many yes arguments including (but not limited to):-

Saving taxpayers money on housing lifers.

Ultimate deterrent for murder.

Price of McDonalds must come down with such a surfeit of raw ingredients!

😉 :mrgreen:

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Paedophiles and child killers – get rid of them – yes.

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Ultimate deterrent for murder

The problem with 'unlawfull killing' is that it encompasses a vast scope of circumstances. What would you do with the woman that has been systematically abused over may years by her husband, who suddenly 'snaps' and stabs her husband to death? Hanging or somesuch would hardly be a deterrent to her…

BermBandit
    Free Member

Old Git Surrey – Member
    Many yes arguments including (but not limited to):-

Saving taxpayers money on housing lifers.

Ultimate deterrent for murder.

Common misconceptions if you don't mind me saying so.

America which does have the death penalty in some states disproves both of the above without need to resort to any sort of argument other than simply that.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

no, even if it were certain only guilty people would be killed.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 279 total)

The topic ‘Death Penalty.’ is closed to new replies.