• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by poah.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Death of non boost?
  • bencadec
    Free Member

Hi all
    Do you think good non boost wheels, hubs, axles etc will still be available for the next 5 or so years.
    Reason is I’m thinking of buying a 2017 transition patrol which has a non boost rear and if I ever need spares or repairs or upgrades I want to be confident that I can still find new good products.
    What are your thoughts?
    Thanks

teethgrinder

yes

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On the basis that good stuff will last decades, you’ll be fine.

Road hubs are now 142×12 so there’ll be no problems getting them for a long time yet anyway.

honourablegeorge

You wont be buying the fancy new wheels that come out next year, but a replacement wheel or hub shouldn’t be an issue.

damascus
    Free Member

Ive seen hope hubs last 10 years or longer with regular use.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Absolutely can’t see Hope putting all their eggs in the boost basket, so to speak.

andy4d

Can you still buy 26” 135qr wheels?

cynic-al
    Free Member

You can still buy freewheels and cantilever brakes.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I can buy a 12 speed 135mm microspline qr hub and Groupset that will fit my 90s raleigh m trax. You’ll be fine.

chestrockwell

I can still buy parts for my 1992 and 1993 Orange Clockworks so you should be fine.

Northwind

Yup- let’s be honest, one of the reasons behind the switch to boost was that people weren’t buying enough new cranks and wheels because they last forever.

poah
    Free Member

plenty of 12×142 hubs around and spares. Patrol is a great bike.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Death of non boost?’ is closed to new replies.