Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dear Sir/Madam
  • muggomagic

I must thank you for the work you have done in refining some of the singletrack around Chanctonbury ring. The downhill from the south downs way that weaves through the woods down past the duck pond to Mouse Lane was already my favourite in the area. Just when i thought it couldn’t get better, you have added a ramp up and over the large fallen tree just prior to the trio of jumps. Superb work.
    Thank you again for making todays ride better than I could have imagined.
    If we ever meet I’ll be sure to buy you a beer (or a white wine spritzer if you’re a lady)

Muggo.

Rickos
    Free Member

We have some trail fairies too round here. They mark the trail with fallen branches and make berms and jumps out of fallen trees. They are ace and I’d buy them a fairy cake any day.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I rode that trail for the first time in a while the other week, and someone has done a great job
    just a shame that quite a “big” ride is required from my side of brighton to get to it

cheese@4p

Trail modification is not always to everyone’s liking so think before you dig. My favorite trails have been cut by feet, hooves and tyres, not made out of wooden palletes etc.

muggomagic

grevioustim – tis good. it used to be good before they had done any work to it, but i think they’ve really improved it and made the whole thing just flow.

cheese@4p – the trail in question is largely just a forest track thats been there and ridden for years, the majority of work that has been done to it has been done because large trees have fallen across the track, originally they were just detours around the base of the fallen tree, with a few jumps added (with gaps either side for those not wishing to have a go) and clearing the bottom half of the nettles.
    Having riden the untouched and the modified version, I can assure you the modified version is far better.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

trail modification doesn’t have to be just about ‘North shore’. It can be as simple as a slight re-grade for drainage, or improving the run up to a load of off-camber roots etc…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dear Sir/Madam’ is closed to new replies.