Viewing 22 posts - 161 through 182 (of 182 total)
  • Dear School-runners (a mini-rant)
  • SamCooke
    Free Member

But really, it’s not my place to be working out your practicalities here. Are you really arguing that you’d rather have unavailable P&C parking bays next to the store rather than available ones farther away?

I’m not asking you to work out my practicalities, I’m inviting you you tomthink the through the process, so that you consider the problems you might face. A bit of visualisation if you will. Of course internet shopping overcomes the issues, but that’s not really dealing with the current topic. After all it could then be argued that we don’t need supermarkets at all. As cncerns the choice, there are already lots of accesible parking spaces far from the store, i don’t need any more. So, essentially your idea reduces to getting rid of the p&c spaces and offering little else inreturn

molgrips
    Free Member

if I couldn’t deal with two kids, I wouldn’t have two kids

How would you know if you could deal with them or not though?

SamCooke
    Free Member

if I couldn’t deal with two kids, I wouldn’t have two kids

Unfortunately you don’t know whether or not you can deal with two kids or how you will deal with them, until you have two kids. By then you just have to muddle through like the rest of us

matt_outandabout

By then you just have to muddle through like the rest of us

I think you just summed up parenting. 😆 😕

molgrips
    Free Member

And of course different kids are different…

Junkyard
    Free Member

I had reins and I don’t appear to be dead. /shrug

my grandad smoked for 70 years and died of old age /shrugs
    We put 5 kids in the back of the car without seatbelts and nobody died/shrugs
    i was left outside shops and never got kidnapped/shrugs

Is it glib pointless point time?

What peole are saying is it is harder than not having kids could you leave the facilities for those who actually need them

FWIW i think this includes those with older children as you can get lder kids safely through a carpark

alpin
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

And of course different kids are different…

mine are fine. little angels, in fact. but then again, they are imaginary kids.

SamCooke
    Free Member

Long term testa on the use of reins have shown that kids who wear reins for extended periods ended up having involutary tics in their shoulders.

Cougar

I’m inviting you you tomthink the through the process, so that you consider the problems you might face.

Sure, fair call. And I’m randomly suggesting alternatives. As I’ve said repeatedly, I’m not arguing from a position of experience here.

I simply thought that by making P&C bays less attractive to the selfish by moving them somewhere a little further back and providing safe passage to them, their legitimate users would ultimately benefit.

After all it could then be argued that we don’t need supermarkets at all.

If everyone had Internet access, enough money for a weekly shop, and the wherewithal to forward-plan, we probably don’t need supermarkets. I fall down on the latter category, I’m at the supermarket two or three times a week because my meal-planning skills are lacking.

there are already lots of accesible parking spaces far from the store, i don’t need any more. So, essentially your idea reduces to getting rid of the p&c spaces and offering little else inreturn

Hm, good point. Maybe what’s needed then is improved accessibility to all parking bays so that people can access them more safely wherever they are.

SamCooke
    Free Member

Or smaller car parks so that all the spaces are near the store

Cougar

How would you know if you could deal with them or not though?

I think that’s readily apparent from my contributions thus far in here. (-:

Is it glib pointless point time?

Is it sense of humour failure time? Please don’t start taking me seriously, I’m being daft not aggressive.

I’ve asked several times what the problem is with reins. If you could explain, it’d be appreciated.

is it is harder than not having kids could you leave the facilities for those who actually need them

No arguments here. At the risk of repeating myself, that’s what I’m suggesting, making the facilities more available by discouraging improper use.

I take back what I said about the back of the car park, moving them to the second or third row would be enough to make them unappealing to the selfish. In the grand scheme of things, the impact to you there should be minimal, no?

SamCooke
    Free Member

The row 2 row 3 option might work, but really it would be good if there were some way of enforcing the currently voluntary arrangement

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Commuted past schools when I was in the UK, one in the Lakes, parking round the back but parents CBA so make the road to a busy junction effectively 1 way. Helped driving a transit through that. Some nights I would be stuck on the main road as the side road was blocked. Nearly wore the horn out. In Rochdale there was 1 route that you couldn’t take at school times. Waste of everybodies time there were busses!!

Over here in Oz the worst offenders at out local primary school hover past the DO NOT PARK areas then just stop, I must confess to getting closer to them as they approach to try and heard them into the car park that is 20m further up the street.

As for P&C spaces they are simply as the market research says parents spend more. I’ll park in one if the car park is full.

Short of closing roads past schools at certain times or owning your own tow truck there isn’t much that can be done. Those who do it will always say they have to.

As for nearly being hit by the idiots try telling the kids to remind mummy to look for cyclists as she nearly KILLED ME!

SamCooke
    Free Member

As for P&C spaces they are simply as the market research says parents spend more. I’ll park in one if the car park is full.

Those who do it will always say they have to.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Very Funny Sam 1 is contravening traffic laws 1 is using the last space in the supermarket without parking in the disabled space.

SamCooke
    Free Member

Why not just park in the disabled space? That’s not contravening traffic laws either?

zokes
    Free Member

Why do you feel the need to call someone a ****?

SamCooke
    Free Member

It wasn’t a need, more of an inclination.

Mike_D
    Free Member

MadPierre

Junkyard – Member

I do so love getting advice from those who do not have kids about what is best to do with kids.
    Bookmark this page and re read it when you have kids.
    We all thought like you , to some degree, before they arrived.
    I dont think you will persuade a parent about parenting from your position tbh

Why do you assume everyone will have children?

Several of your comments reminded me of this:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqFa_1X8IYY[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

You lot would really argue about anything wouldnt you!! Bottom line is shops have parent and child parking because their customers like it and so they get more customers.

Cougar

You lot would really argue about anything wouldnt you!!

No.

Viewing 22 posts - 161 through 182 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘Dear School-runners (a mini-rant)’ is closed to new replies.