Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Dear Jim, Please can you fix it for me to live in Glencoe?
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

http://rossharperauctions.com/property/allt-na-reigh-glencoe-ph49-4hx/

Looks like it’d be a cracking place to live, but I can’t help but think this would be better off being returned to what it was- a holiday home for kids who don’t have much. It’s a shame that the back story to it has ruined that.

Imagine the doorstep trails though!

duckman

It hasn’t really though, I don’t especially link it to him, more to Hamish McInnes, who is a God.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Might go for strong money… But I’m sure Jim has a nice semi that he’d like you to get his hands on…

hels
    Free Member

All the Hang The Pervert stuff aside – it’s a horrible location right on that corner – bang on the main road to Fort William with all the trucks rattling past about 2 metres from the front door. No garden as right against the cliff face. Not much sun. Yes some good trails and hiking in the area, but you wold spend a fair bit of time scrubbing the spraypainted “Filthy Paediatrcian” slogans daubed in faeces across the door.

Madfly
    Free Member

Wow, over 200k. It doesn’t say anything about who bought it though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/30/jimmy-savile-cottage_n_3361483.html

freeridenick
    Free Member

went for 212k last night so it seems.

hels
    Free Member

Yeah those pictures in the advert are very strategic – you would have to stand there a long time not to get a car in the front view. Have passed there many times, it’s right on a busy road, and the only house for about 20 miles either way.

hillshurt13
    Free Member

the motorbikes make a fair bit of noise in the summer….

munrobiker
    Free Member

the only house for about 20 miles either way.

Sounds ideal to me.

A lot of people in that Huffington Post comments section seem to be saying it should be demolished. Why would you do that? Could be a nice holiday home or activity centre.

fasthaggis

It hasn’t really though, I don’t especially link it to him, more to Hamish McInnes, who is a God

This ^^

glupton1976
    Free Member

Nah – there’s houses at Kingshouse and Glencoe village – and dotted elsewhere inbetween.

Ben_mw

the only house for about 20 miles either way.

Err, whilst it does stand alone, I would think the nearest house would be within a mile, nearest pub not much further, Glencoe village is about 4 miles, and Fort William is probably only 20 miles.
    I can remember it’s previous owner standing outside waving at the tour buses passing. I can also remember him visiting the shop/post office in Glencoe and finding out it was the owners birthday. At that point he took a card from the display, borrowed a pen and wrote the card. He didn’t actually pay for it mind. He wasn’t exactly popular in the area from what I remember.

Edit – Doesn’t Hamish McInnes live on the old road, down from the Red Squirrel camp site on the way to Glencoe village?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Aye- there’s another just off Loch Achtrioctan in the Glen and a few more nearer Kingshouse.

konabunny
    Free Member

It’s pretty manky.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yeah those pictures in the advert are very strategic – you would have to stand there a long time not to get a car in the front view.

Nah, there could have been cars on the road for all those pics and they wouldn’t be in shot.

He wasn’t exactly popular in the area from what I remember.

And that’s putting it politely. He was properly creepy.

theblackmount
    Free Member

>better off being returned to what it was- a holiday home for kids<

Really? When was it a holiday home for kids?

allthepies
    Free Member

piemonster

Sod living in Glen Coe, not a chance.

I like my blood being within my fleshy mass, not buzzing around inside a million+ bloated midge.

epicyclo

Probably bought by someone named Campbell….

🙂

piemonster

I’m not sure whether I’m amused or offended on someone else’s behalf.

Kunstler

I would think the nearest house would be within a mile, nearest pub not much further

The distance to the pub becomes apparent if you’ve just done the Aonach Eagach and you don’t manage to befriend a card driver on leaving the Clachaig.

bencooper
    Free Member

Yup, done that – how can it be a longer walk back than it was along the Aonach?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Blackmount- I thought since his death it had been used by his charity as a holiday place for kids?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Been empty since, executor/vandal/police visits aside.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Dear Jim, Please can you fix it for me to live in Glencoe?’ is closed to new replies.