Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Deals on 26" straight steerer 9mm qr
  • aphex_2k
    Free Member

And 120mm….seem to be thin on the ground. Am I that retro?

Anyone got any?

Gunz
    Free Member

You can get these Recons from Merlin:

http://www.merlincycles.com/rockshox-recon-gold-rl-solo-air-forks-26-275-59434.html

I tried to get 15mm, straight steerer Rebas last year and had to go second hand eventually, royal pain.

scotroutes

Astonishing, isn’t it? Think of how many nice, straight-steerered frames are in regular use and ponder what will happen when suspension needs replaced.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Watching with interest, as per @scotroutes it’s nuts how the industry has moved away from what was a long term standard and with so many of us riding straight steerer frames with no intention of switching. I have a frame to build up and I’ll probably reuse old forks, so the industry switch over is losing business.

brassneck

I’ve got two rigid forks (switchblades and P2s) I’m keeping for just this reason. At least they can’t go wrong.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Gunz those are great but not 9mm. I’ve been looking for x fusions in straight steerer and 9mm but mot easy… Even harder here in Oz.

Found some manitou but reviews don’t seem great.

I’ve got rigids on at the moment. Really regret selling my 100-130 u turn Revs now

scotroutes

I have an “almost-new” set of 100mm SIDs that I’ve been thinking of selling but now I’m sort of wondering if I should keep them as spares for my Carbon Blur. Not ideal in that they are QR mind but if the DT Swiss XMMs currently on it go bang then it’ll be that or a whole new frame and forks.

P20

Bike discount are listing some, but not cheap

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/rock-shox-reba-rl-26-solo-air-120-black-462301/wg_id-822
    They have others listed too

Gunz
    Free Member

Aphex, I though they were QR from the picture. It’s worth searching through Merlin’s stock as they did have QR ones about 6 months ago.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@P20 – €379 or £280-ish doesn’t seem that pricey ?

P20

@jambalaya, it’s not a bad price, but I got my rebas (tapered) for £150!!

MoreCashThanDash

I recently paid 250 for a set of Reba’s from Rosebikes

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Gunz the pics do show 9mm but the drop down options only seem to show 15mm. Shame that. Spoke my option could be to get a new front hub and re lace my 719 if it then gives me a few more fork options. Or new front wheel I do fancy trying some x fusion forks so might work out.

Goldigger
    Free Member
    aphex_2k
    Free Member

Thanks Goldigger, you done dug gold there. I had no idea the new Rebas were available in straight steerer and 9mm QR!

Now how to hide the delivery of new forks from SWMBO….

fooman

Manitou R7 is a light & plush fork that feels like is has more travel than it’s 100mm, can be had off eBay £160ish new (plus import fees)

Goldigger
    Free Member

No probs aphex_2k glad to help, did you order one? I got my pikes from bike24. Delivered very quickly..

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

I have seen XFusion Velvets in qr on ebay but in white colour if that’s your thang…?

Good fork, certainly more reliable than a RS fork.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Those x fusions would have been fine. What did they go for?

New forks on hold. Just bought an old gt Pantera to do up. And buying a full Suss too.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Deals on 26" straight steerer 9mm qr’ is closed to new replies.