Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Dealing with light nuisance? Any help.
  • BearBack
    Free Member

One for David Thorne I reckon

andybrad

wow i live next to a dual carridgeway and its not that bad!

renton
    Free Member

Cheers all,

Ive sent the regulatory service the same pictures that Ive posted here just to show the extent of the light.

Fingers crossed they might do something about it.

CountZero

I think that it looks quite nice, if you’re the one in the assisted living. “Nice and bright” would sound great if you were thinking about a place in there.

Nice? 😳 That’s absolutely bloody awful! I would imagine the amount of light bleed reflected back through the windows of that building would be almost as intolerable for anyone living there, it’s hopelessly over the top. Pretty much all of Chippenham has been converted to LED street lighting, and the difference at night, especially after midnight, is remarkable; with the ghastly orange sodium lights all the house fronts were lit up orange, while the paths were dimly lit, but now there’s virtually no bleed back, all the light is directed downwards, in fact, despite there being a light across the road, about one house down from mine, looking directly across it’s almost like there’s no light on, but the footpath below the light is really well lit.
    There’s no excuse, hooded sconces with LED lights inside would give all the light needed, without any glare to cause distress to the surrounding neighbourhood.

FuzzyWuzzy

@BearBack Hah, David Thorne is my new hero

franksinatra

Any update on this?

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Dealing with light nuisance? Any help.’ is closed to new replies.