Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Dealing with frustration
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I have recently found whilst running an old slow PC and trying to nail some wooden coving…

1. Throwing you hammer hard at the floorboards makes it bounce back up – often you can catch it.

2. throwing your mouse at teh lcd screen seems to damage neither.

What’s your best story? A mate wanted help with removing a fireplace, but I think he did it himself 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

A friend’s hubby kicked a washing machine and broke his toe. Cost RAF £60K to fix…

5thElefant
    Free Member

We lost a team-member the day before a 24 when he broke his wrist punching a door.

I had to replace every door in the house thanks to a similar incident (to match the one I destroyed, I didn’t go on a rampage).

iDave
    Free Member

That sounds like a very bling washing machine? Was it stealth-like?

titusrider
    Free Member

I got fed up with my phone dropping signal and being non-responsive while trying to talk to my girlfriend that i threw it very hard against a tiled floor……. it didnt damage the tiles….

Houns

Have a ****, that helps with my frustration

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Jeeze you must have some serious blisters then Houns. 😯

Home ‘phones don’t last too long with me. I get peed off when dealing with idiots about something or other, then lob the things at the wall/take a hammer to them. Hence why I rarely spend more than a fiver or so down the local market for a cheap new one.

Immensley satisfying at the time, but it’s not good really. 🙁

Still, preferable to doing the same to someone’s face, certainly in terms of personal liberty…

willard

Friend of mine broke his heel stamping, in a very frustrated way, on a Quality Street.

To be fair, it was a nutty one and not a strawberry cream or similar.

wrecker
    Free Member

Father in law threw his circular saw to the ground when he realised that he’d cut a fence post too short. The saw bounced up and went straight through the fence panel he’d just put up. 😀

LoCo
    Free Member

Lad a college, in a fit of frustration decided to nut something, the closet thing was another lad on our course known as Tank, the nutter knocked himself out, ‘Tank’ stood there looking a bit confused as to what had just happened 😆

bigyinn
    Free Member

Threw a hammer the length of the garden which bounced and went sideways through the greenhouse.
    Punched a door following a step son incident.
    Punched through the stairwell panelling following a wet floor incident (step son AGAIN).
    Threw a motorola mobile 30ft in the air through some trees due to dignal dropping out.
    Im a lot happier now.
    A friend threw his bike into the hedge following a wheel sidewall breaking incident.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I lobbed my bike into a ditch in the Quantocks cos the brakes just weren’t bloody working propply, in front of Sharki and others. 😀

Buckled the front wheel but I sorted it. Had to go back to the car park, then had to come back and retrieve my water bottle what had fallen out. 😆

Very silly indeed. 😳

donsimon
    Free Member

Have a ****, that helps with my frustration

Done! How you feeling now?

titusrider
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIW1MAvyPD4[/video]

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It amuses me to see that cheat suffer. 😀

jota180
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aPj6dYrqbA&feature=related[/video]

Cougar

You know the lightest bowling balls, the ones that look they have a sort of plastic coating?

Well, you can dribble them like basketballs.

racefaceec90

i resort to ranting (like a 5 year old having a tantrum 😳 have smashed my bedroom door (due to headbutting it/was during my drinking days 😳 i chucked a cheap guitar out of my bedroom window once also (2nd story 😳 i do have a lot of pent up rage issues 😳 there are no doubt others as well 😳

sobriety
    Free Member

Earlier this year, in the midst of a pretty nasty break up, my ex returned home from seeing her new boyfriend (despite still being unsure as to whether or not leaving me was a good idea) to discover that I’d started renovating the house, by removing the old stud wall between what was her bedroom and the study, with a sledgehammer. Unsurprisingly she moved out within the week. Win.

iDave
    Free Member

amateurs ….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YersIyzsOpc[/video]

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Stripped thread on a motorcycle caliper after a torque wrench didn’t click, threw hammer through wooden garden chair and damaged it so lost the plot completely and beat the chair to splinters, a full on mantrum (like a tantrum but with a more expensive outcome). 😡

d45yth
    Free Member

Hell, I thought I had issues… 🙄

Cougar

amateurs ….

That has to be staged, surely.

(Did he stick the TV remote up his arse there?! 😯 )

mintimperial

a full on mantrum (like a tantrum but with a more expensive outcome)

Brilliant, got to remember that one.

This summer I angrily yanked a wonky rear mech after it got bashed and the hanger got bent. By sheer fluke I pulled it just the right amount to line it up perfectly, but one cog down from where it should normally be. Only noticed what I’d done about 20 miles later when I realised that my lowest gear wasn’t there anymore. Very pleased with myself after that, even though I had to buy yet another sodding mech hanger, third one in as many months.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm.. letting of steams fine yeah, but “Mantrums”. I freak a few times but nothing gets busted and no other animals are hurt during said “Mantrum”.

Get a grip maaaannn..

Cougar

I’ve just watched a couple more of that guy’s videos. Either they’re staged or his brother is seriously disturbed.

iDave
    Free Member

If they’re staged he’s a great actor, if they’re not his issues have got issues.

jon1973
    Free Member

Did he stick the TV remote up his arse there?!

Yes, he did. Imagine being that frustrated you stick a remote control up you’re butt.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjGRBFd7mQ[/video]

cynic-al
    Free Member

“Mantrum”

😀

Cougar

Boysterous more like.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Young Ones = LOL. Must watch them, again.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I once worked in the offices of a haulage firm and a quietly spoken driver appeared one morning looking a little sheepish while showing us the flattened remains of a Nokia phone.

He’d reversed over it with a 38 ton Scania.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

My Brother told of an incident a few weeks back were the Vacuum cleaner was being tempremental, so he grabbed the spare one which then blew the motor. Getting more annoyed he went and got an one from the attic, turned it on and it threw dust everywhere.
    He dragged all three into the garden and took a sledgehammer the lot, proper mashed them up, racked them into a pile then calmy walked into the house and told his Wife they need a new vacuum cleaner 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

mate of mine when struggling gto fix his transit van throw a spanner at it then walked of swearing. A full 2 minutes later he returned with a baseball bat and spent 5 minutes beating the shit out of it, everyt single part ant one point he was on the roof hammering that in whislt jumping on it. He only stopped when he broke the bat.

One hour later he asked me if it was worth fixing 😯

Quite scary actually.
    Nothing that lives up to these tales I feel like an amateur now.

I threw my bike into a hedge once and called it the c word…oddly this did not fix it

wwaswas

junkyard earlier;

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz36KHxI_Is[/video]

16stonepig
    Free Member

PC Load Letter:

Have had a few proper “mantrums” involving hurled xbox controllers exploding into bits against the wall. I’m still finding buttons and bits of PCB 6 years later.
    I also have a hole in the tiled floor of my hallway the exact size of the head of an adjustable spanner.

rocketman
    Free Member

I’m pretty calm and rarely fly off the handle but a mate more than makes up for it.

“What happened to the door Dave” “I punched it”
    “What happened to the bannister Dave” “I pulled it”
    “What happened to the lights Dave” “I threw something at them”
    “What happened to the table Dave” “I broke it”

etc etc

House is a freakin’ ruin

Markie
    Free Member

If violence is your way of dealing with frustration, get help.

bigthunder
    Free Member

Bit of equipment was playing the arse with me on the rig one day as well as getting shouted at and having 3 other things to do so I just started booting the thing and going mad on it. Really laying into it. Got a call from the boss who told me that piece of equipment costs 70000 pounds. Ive also seen myself lose the rag at a shit wheelbarrow that was making my life difficult so off I went picked up a mop and smashed the wheelbarrow with it. Totalled them both. Loads of incidents like that – as far as Im concerned anger is useful.

vorlich
    Free Member

I sometimes vent by saying ‘fiddlesticks’ or ‘dearie me’, something like that…

also, saying ‘heave’ when lifting heavy stuff works really well, like getting an free upgrade.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Dealing with frustration’ is closed to new replies.