Dealing with conning little shyster’s – Your suggestions please?

Home Forum Chat Forum Dealing with conning little shyster’s – Your suggestions please?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Dealing with conning little shyster’s – Your suggestions please?
  • Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Right here’s the deal. Last year we undertook some website design for a company that, to be honest, looked a bit dubious. The managing director was your stereotypical Gareth Cheeseman style salesperson. A right odious little turd.

We were about to finish the job. All to their expressed satisfaction, when all communication stops. Can’t get hole of the oily little twerp any more

Turns out he wound the company up (probably due to outstanding debts), the went and set another one up doing exactly the same thing. As the old comapny is now a shell with no assets, our lawyers have said there isn’t much point in trying to pursue the money they owe us in the courts

So….. with the legal avenues pretty much closed, what imaginative ways could the massive come up with to reak a couple of grands worth of damage to an objectionable little scum-bag, who has clearly done this kind of thing before

Lets try to keep it legal-ish. But the funnier and more imaginative the better.

to be fair, a change od government is your best bet. what he has done is fully protected by law to ‘encourage employment levels’

it happens frequently in my industry, one company has done it 4 times in 10 years, each time taking lots of sole traders for amounts up to £10k

its despicable

grumm

What does his company do? Try and waste their time in a similar fashion.

grumm

to be fair, a change od government is your best bet.

Ya because the tories are known for favouring tighter regulation aren’t they.

Start passing his name round your industry so no one else ends up in the saem problem (and so he can’t get anything done for him)?

spell check broken?

Premier Icon Woody
    Subscriber

Hack his new website and insert some ‘interesting’ offers 😆

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

other than the usual wee shoe interaction.

is he in a business where you can place orders and he has to buy stuff in to satusfy them. You could arrange for orders to be placed but subsequently cancelled prior to delivery and payment but where he still has liability to his suppliers?

to be honest he sounds liek someone who’ll be better at this sort of thing than you and you might end up with more grief than you are having now.}

Mark it up to experience and move on. The best solution for you is to change the way you do business.

I’d look at gettign a bigger deposit up front from new customers if I were you or makign stage payments necessary ad usign a factor – you still get your money that way.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

woody – I was thinking along those lines. How easy is it to hack a site?

grumm – Member

Ya because the tories are known for favouring tighter regulation aren’t they.

i said a change of government, not a tory government. there is a big difference

grumm

Just go have a look at evilzone forums – should be all the info you need on there.

Oh no, hang on…

Premier Icon BigDummy
    Subscriber

Is there scope for getting personal guarantees of the obligations of companies which look “dubious” from their owners?

I’d have thought the new company would be delighted at the prospect of any business they could get, string them along for ages….

coffeeking

i said a change of government, not a tory government. there is a big difference

But there’s no other likely options 🙂

Biffer

Lets name and shame and then it might give us a better idea on what to do 😉

yes there is, i’m writing to the queen to request that you, TJ and SFB be put in charge of this country

then i shall leave

and come back after the nuclear war

GNARGNAR

My business got stung for 2k in our first year of trading by a complete ****, who as it turned out owed in excess of £100,000 to various companies in town. The thing that really sickened me was that while we were working for him he had the nerve to tell me how he’d been out shopping for cars and houses for his daughters……. absolute f**er.

At the time I was going to check with company house for his address, then go around his house some night and put his windows in, put acid on his car etc, I never bothered in the end.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Sounds familiar fella. This twunt pulled up at our offices in a big **** off AMG Merc with the standard private plate

I suppose this is how they afford them

Premier Icon ourmaninthenorth
    Subscriber

All of these suggestions (apart from a non-Tory alternative government) are very sensible.

What binners clearly requires is a bomber-owning style suggestion. I’ll start the ball rolling:

OK, so if you know his name and presumably he is a director of either the existing or his new company, his home address will be on public record at Companies House….

So, like a game of pass the parcel, what do we now suggest binners do with this information…?

geetee1972

Best advice – seriously – learn from your mistake and move on. You’ve got a business to run and in any climate (not just one going pear shaped), you really haven’t got time to waste getting hung up on something as banal as revenge.

-m-

There is some phoenix company legislation that means that directors can be held personally liable for the debts of a company if the same directors were responsible for a previous company that traded with a similar name and didn’t meet its obligations to creditors.

That’s only the debts of the new company rather than the old, so probably doesn’t help.

We had a similar situation with a design/marketing company that ceased trading owing us money. I was overjoyed 6 months later to see a mailing from our local chamber of commerce that heralded the great success of the ‘same’ company. It was so nice to see the local chamber of commerce supporting local businesses…

sofatester

For 10k i will kill him for you.

Register his details for every survye, free catalogue and dodgy internet site you stumble across

02035654 D PRESENTATION SERVICES (BRISTOL) LIMITED Dissolved
    04169244 D PRESENTATION SERVICES GROUP LIMITED Dissolved
    06690584 PRESENTATION SERVICES LONDON LIMITED

same company, same investors, same trading address, same debtors. they even kept the same initials so they didn’t have to change their workwear

Van, shovel,…….

CC

samuri

My brother in law (carpet shop), got so pissed off with people like this that he just starting selling the debts to ‘collection agencies’ (read: really big men in leather jackets). He lost a few hundred quid on each one but it’s better than nothing.

sobriety

On his birthday, send him some sand (and cat poo), without enough postage.

Premier Icon nickc
    Subscriber

It’s pointless trying to do anything really. As other’s have suggested, he’s probably done this loads of times, knows the score, and more than likely a couple of big lads with a loose interpretation of the law. Breathe deeply, understand that you’re the better man, and move on. Next time the company looks dicey ask for money up front. It’s what I do, and it sorts the tossers and chancers out from the legitimate businesses.

RudeBoy

sofatester – Member
    For 10k i will kill him for you.

I’ll do it for £9k.

Sorry, sofatester- it’s a dog-eat-dog world out there, in the hired assasins trade I’m afraid. Gotta be ready to undercut the opposition!

Samuri’s suggestion is the best so far, liking where you’re coming from.
    😀

Sobriety; Thats really scary, sand and cat poo would definately make me pay my debts…..I dread to wonder what you’d suggest if you were really angry
    🙄

CC

sofatester

I will make it £7.5k and throw in a free kidnaped wife as well.

Beat that Rudeboy!

GNARGNAR

geetee1972 you really haven’t got time to waste getting hung up on something as banal as revenge.

Clearly you dont watch enough Steven Seagal movies.

gusamc

If you know lots about the internet (and I’m assuming you know more than me) can you do anything to get some pages at the top of the common searches that will bring back his company details, name etc.

With factually accurate information obviously. And I’d check the law first but IMHO I believe that you can’t be done for displaying factually accurate information.

Premier Icon darrell
    Subscriber

you live in manchester ffs. every second person is a gang member/grannie killer. you could probably get a hit on him done for 100 quid.

other than that report him to the local chamber of commerce and the manchester evening news

Premier Icon Mr Agreeable
    Subscriber

If you can’t hack his site set up a lookalike with a similar name, but make sure it details what a flakey little git he is. Then get it up the page ranks, and you’re away.

Ask him if he needs ‘Protection’ – send some big beefy blokes to speak to him ?

IanMunro

What Mr Agreeable said.
    Plus obviously you explain on your website what a snivelling little shit the bloke is.

RudeBoy

Bugger.

£6k, and I’ll throw in a kidnapped wife and kids, and torch his house.

It’s a cut-throat business, this kidnaping and assassination game…

Don’t try to ‘hack’ his site. It’s illegal, you’re the one probably going to get into even more bother. Sounds like this guy has some pretty clued-up lawyers of his own if he can keep just ahead of the rules so he’ll no doubt have a list of likely hackers (ie the people he’s ripped off before).

If you can play about with ordering/returning/not paying for stuff then fair play.

Strictly speaking he’s done nothing wrong. Not legally. Morally he sounds like someone you wouldn’t help if he was on fire.

Painful lesson learned.

Premier Icon Mr Agreeable
    Subscriber

Oh and in all seriousness report these twunts to the FSA. It’s a well-known problem, and if they get enough complaints they can get him disbarred from being a director of a company. Not quite as good as hitting him on the head with some luridly-coloured forks, but close.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/index.shtml

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Before a company can be dissolved, notices are posted in some kind of gazette, and in some obscure newspaper too I think, so that any creditors can object and try and get their money back.

I can’t remember the names of the publications (or if they are available online), but it should also be available through the CH website if you set up a watch on a company. You should see all the company activity on there.

I can find out more about disqualification of directors if you like. Guess where I work?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Dealing with conning little shyster’s – Your suggestions please?’ is closed to new replies.