Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Deal Extreme bike light
  • soulrider
    Free Member

I have one.. and love it..

however it went out on me last night.. red light on the back of the lamp!
    I thought oh forgot to charge it will do that when I get home..

spare light on helmet winner can get home.

however my battery will not charge now??? the charger light stays Green when I plug it in..

anyone had similar issues?

Nick

yeah, think Blasty (who is on here) had this problem, I'll text him.

Olly
    Free Member

i think if you drop the charge down too low on those types of batteries, they can get stuck and not charge.

i did it to a phone once.

required a few pluggins and un pluggins, which i think causes spikes in the charging voltage, and kicks it back into action.

i might be making that up though

uplink
    Free Member

The battery packs aren't waterproof so I'd strip that down to start with & give it a good clean

Dancake
    Free Member

The battery packs aren't waterproof so I'd strip that down to start with & give it a good clean

+1 ; moisture on the protection circuit (running along the length of the pack) caused this on mine. Ripped the heatshrink off, dried and taped the hell out of it afterwards. Been ok since

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

clingfilm works well …

Johnboy373
    Free Member

Bloody genuis ropey. I was gonna wrap mine in sandwich bags and everything, and with one word (clingfilm) you totally changed my plan lol.

P.S I got messed about with DX extreme when buying my light, Someone on here suggested I go to Bestofferbuy.com……..I got light 10 days after payment!!!

P.P.S According to their website the light on charger will NOT change colour from green to red. Same as button on rear of light it will NOT change colour either.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

P.P.S According to their website the light on charger will NOT change colour from green to red. Same as button on rear of light it will NOT change colour either.

Eh? Mine does.

DX have always been brilliant for me and I've heard nothing but good things about their warrenty handling.

Johnboy373
    Free Member

Anotherdeadhero. When I ordered light from them it said in stock for immediate delivery, a week later it said awaiting stock another week later still the same. The they said tempory stock shortage and did I want to choose something else from their site.

I went to Bestofferbuy.com payed my money and it was on its way 24hours later.

DX should state on their website when buying if they have stock shortages before they take peoples money.

They did refund my money as soon as I confirmed I was canceling order.

Johnboy373
    Free Member

From bestofferbuy.com's website

1. Please note that the LED on the charger will remain red and it will not turn green. For a full recharge, please charge it for about 3 hours. We do not recommend for charging longer than this duration.
    2. Please note that the manufacturer has upgraded the hardware and the color of the switch will not turn green either. It will be red regardless the charge on the battery.

Altho I just looked at my charger and the lights…..Green!!! God knows.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Deal Extreme bike light’ is closed to new replies.