• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by nbt.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • dead tandem :(
  • Premier Icon spev

My trusty Dawes Double Edge has finally succumbed, cracked the weld at the front seat tube top tube junction. I was stripping it to get it to the local engineers to have the seatpost removed (jammed in after I lent it to someone a while back). As I was having that done I planned on getting a disc mount fitted, can’t see the point now as I reckon I could be looking at about £150-200 to repair it.
    Any got any ideas where I can get a reasonably priced MTB tandem frame from?

Premier Icon spev

Is that yours qwerty? Does it have disc mounts?

Premier Icon qwerty
    Free Member

No, not mine, I was trawling eBay & saw those, the top link has a front disc / hydraulic rim rear.

Premier Icon spev

ah cheers, I’m really after a disc rear, frame only would do me, i’ll keep trawling, unless someone has one of those french ones that were mentioned a while ago and can give some info regarding rear tyre clearance with 29 or 27.5

Premier Icon nbt
    Free Member

I’m about to sell a Dawes Discovery tandem with rear disk mount, it’s the same frame as the Double Edge. It’s currently set up rigid for touring but I’ve run it with big forks in the past. Old pic here shows what it looked like when i first added big forks

Tandem Evolution by Notoriously Bad Typist, on Flickr

We’ve just bought a new 700c tandem as we’re only riding on road these days, hence the old one will be sold. Not really thought about prices yet, pm me if you’re interested

Premier Icon spev

so apart from NBT ‘s tandem up there i’ve also looked at
    https://speed-cycles.com/cadre-tandem-vtt-29275-aluminium-c1387431-exs-24808-p.asp

now I know theres another thread about this particular frame (i’ve found it and read it) and the concerns over tyre clearance but no one has actually said what they have in there. Anybody got any experience with one and what tyre do you have in there? (29 or 27.5 )
    ta

Premier Icon Dickyboy

We’ve a dawes discovery just like nbt but also heard good things about duratec on Facebook group

https://www.duratec.cz/en/656-big-bang/designer/

Premier Icon nbt
    Free Member

Morning. those are 26 * 2.4 tyres in there
    I see you dropped me a message, I’ll try to reply later, mad busy at the moment

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.