Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 140 total)
  • DB Alpine Mk3
  • richc
    Free Member

This been done?

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Lovely, Lovely, Lovely.
    Hope it comes with some lacquer

BillOddie

Nice!

SOAP
    Free Member

Lush.:)

waller
    Free Member

Oh my. I want one. Just like that!!!!!! Lovely!

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

Ace. Any geometry changes?

Northwind

Saw that at the weekend at the gravity enduro, funnily enough- fastest hardtail and top 40 in seniors to boot. Instantly recognisable as a Dialled, always nice that.

rewski
    Free Member

Simply stunning.

Still 16″ and 18″ but with slightly longer top tubes and lower BB, plus the bigger head tube and seat tube that seem all the rage these days.

Not much else has changed as I didn’t think it needed to change much.

ahhhjrene
    Free Member

What’s the new bb drop?

Ta.

25mm bb drop gives a 12″ bb height on a sagged 140mm fork.

messiah
    Free Member

Looking forward to seeing the full geometry… this could be my new hardtail 8)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Rather like that. Seatpost diameter?

_tom_
    Free Member

Looking good, got to love raw frames 🙂

ART

Lovely 🙂

Mike – Geo for the two sizes, colours (raw looks splendid!) and price?

messiah
    Free Member

Older thread with some pics and details

Quote from the Dialled Site a few months ago…

No massive, just a few subtle changes to keep it current. So in comes an XX44 Reynolds 631 head tube, a seat tube compatible with a 31.6mm dropper post, ISCG05 and 0.75? longer top tubes on the 16? and 18?models.

Throw in the lower bottom bracket and it’s looking very interesting for me… but want to see final details.

Mike gave me the following info in an email a few weeks ago.

Full price will be £500. Pre-order price, £400. Deposit £200. Delivery around the end of August.

Gotama
    Free Member

Mike – Please design one with 29er wheels in a slightly bigger size, maybe 19″ seat tube, 450mm reach, short chainstays etc…. My old Alpine was still one of my favourite bikes, despite being too small for me.

Clink

What happened to the 29er?

hora
    Free Member

How does the old ride compared to the new? I had one of the original grey ones from Mike a few years ago- I didn’t quite get on with it but loved a Chameleon.

Northwind

Gotama – Member

Please design one with 29er wheels in a slightly bigger size

Sorry Gotama but I think 29er wheels only come in 29.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Mike actually sold a frame to Hora? I thought he said he would never sell him one due to the inevitable bothering/questions/why does my bum hurt/new frame not confident on steep stuff what gives? Angst that usually follows.
    Maybe he said that afterwards? 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Mike actually sold a frame to Hora? I thought he said he would never sell him one due to the inevitable bothering/questions/why does my bum hurt/new frame not confident on steep stuff what gives? Angst that usually follows.
    Maybe he said that afterwards?

I think you base/compare your riding to a certain period intime 9yrs ago.

I’m a better rider than you MrSmith. Thats all that counts.

rewski
    Free Member

Dialled 29er was a PA I think?

ART

Ah ha Ta. Messiah.

richc
    Free Member

I think that might have been afterwards, or Hora might have got it second hand.

I could completely understand anyone not wanting to sell anything to him, as he’s a total time waster and the embodiment of the internet *expert*

Ever heard the saying, ‘self praise is no praise’

harryparabolics
    Free Member

That is one fantastic looking bit of kit! And a good little video to boot.

Anyone know the title of the song and the artist in the video?

hora
    Free Member

No I bought the grey one brand new.

‘self praise is no praise’

– its not even in the same land as praise, seen my riding? Its organised madness to a wild school orchestra of Recorders

Gotama
    Free Member

Sorry Gotama but I think 29er wheels only come in 29.

Damn you and your pedantic semantics. 😀 You know what i meant 🙂

And yes, the 29er Dialled is a Prince Albert which is not what i’m after.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I think you base/compare your riding to a certain period intime 9yrs ago.

who said anything about riding bikes?

Correction – the seat post size is 30.9mm, not 31.6mm. Still dropper compatible.

68 degree head angle (on sagged 140mm fork), 74 degree seat angle. No big departure from the original Alpines, just a bit roomier in the top tube and tad lower BB as those were the only criticisms levelled at previous versions. I didn’t want to change stuff for the sake of it.

Graphics on the production frame will also be different as the reflective panel sticker gets a mixed reception. The brushed aluminium ones I use on my other company’s frames (Factory Team Bikes) would probably go well with the Alpine’s raw look.

messiah
    Free Member

30.9mm… 🙁

I’ve got two 31.6mm Reverbs 🙄

kayak23

Oh now that’s just marvelous….now I need another frame.
    Would love to replace my prince Albert with that beauty. Love my pa though…

gezatronic
    Free Member

Hora, it rides well! It has the same nimble, chuckable back triangle, but the slightly longer top tube means it holds that bit more stable when its flat out, that with the 160’s is a force to be reckoned with! New touch lower BB, corners beautifully!

Unfortunately, probably not gonna go with the raw/lacquered finish for production as one of the finish on one of the test frames hasn’t held up as well as the others. It may just be a one off, but I’d rather go with a tried and tested powder coat colour for this next batch and then re-assess the finishes on the other test frames at the time it comes to re-order the next batch.

I think the Alpine would look good in white. Any suggestions?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I think white would work.

I also like the kwakker green, but it’s obviously been done a few times now.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Shame about the raw finish, the images of it looked lovely but understandable that you want to avoid issues.

I thought the original purple was good and a deep, egg yolk yelow (seen some images of a custom one I think) would also be nice.

Seen nice shots of it in white which do look OK but not my choice.

tutgareth
    Free Member

I think the Alpine would look good in white. Any suggestions?

still loving the kawasaki green 🙂

think the alpine looks best bold colours, perhaps a blue or yellow..?

catvet
    Free Member

Probably the best angled steel framed hard tail in the UK, only Chromag matches the angles across the pond ! But much much more expensive!!

richc
    Free Member

I would prefer bold colours, green or yellow would be good.

Not *accountant* black or grey!

ART

Shame, but white would look pretty good, not a fan of that purple or green, or garish colours full stop. ‘stealth’ as opposed to ‘accountant’ black would also be fine 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘DB Alpine Mk3’ is closed to new replies.