Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Day to Day footwear, what do you go for ?
  • cookeaa

If it’s dry, some variant of these:

If it’s wet:

chakaping
    Free Member

Largely these for the past 12 months:

Before that, mostly Clarks shoes for urban train/walk commute & office.

funkmasterp

How much further afield do you go before you put shoes on?

In nice weather, basically everywhere barefoot

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

Theres a bloke near us who walks everywhere barefoot. He’s got a massive beard and looks like he’s taken a lot of acid over the years. Everyone knows him as ‘Disco Dave’

Is this you ? 😀

funkmasterp

Err….used to have a massive beard and did take acid in my youth. Not that much though. I just like the feeling of going barefoot. Wearing shoes all the time strikes me as a bit like wearing boxing gloves all the time. Try it, you might like it! 😀

weeksy

Even to Tescos ? the pub ? shopping centers ?

funkmasterp

Don’t go to Tesco or shopping centres. If I did then yeah I would. Nipped in to town before and called in to shops, cafes etc with no shoes. I don’t visit pubs that often due to having young kids. Walks round the local forest, towpaths etc are fine too. Been that way since my mid 20’s and not had any ill effects from it.

weeksy

Just seems, well a bit bizarre.

funkmasterp

Why? Seems fine to me. Wearing giant boots with padding and huge heels and soles seems very bizarre to me. One of the positive points of working from home is not having to wear socks too. Feet are great, keeping them cooped up is the odd thing when you think about it. Footwear is great when necessary. I just don’t think it’s needed all the time

binners

Try it, you might like it! 😀

I used to do it quite a lot when I was young and used to take a lot of acid 😃

Thinking about it, from March through to October last year, all I had on was my Keen sandals. I’m sure that when it warms up a bit more, that will be the case until next October

funkmasterp

That’s the first step binners. Those sandals are a gateway to going shoeless. What will the neighbours think 😱

The only downside is that, after years of doing it, I can no longer wear any shoes with a heel or lots of padding. Really hurts my knees and hips. Left with bloody expensive offerings from Vivo and Merrell.

joepud
    Free Member

One of the positive points of working from home is not having to wear socks too. Feet are great, keeping them cooped up is the odd thing when you think about it

Come on now, we all know socks are like the best thing in the world. Its like putting your feet in a sleeping bag. I bloody love socks and have far too many.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Day to Day footwear, what do you go for ?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts