Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)
  • Day to Day footwear, what do you go for ?
  • weeksy

Generally i wear Five Tens, now owned by Adidas, but still sticking with their styles as per FiveTen.

These are the style i usually go for… but they’re not the most functional outside of MTBing, but work well enough for day to day use like going to the shops, pub etc…

But i’m thinking of something a little outside of the norm for me.

I quite like these, look comfortable,

Only issue currently is that they need to be Adidas as i’ve got a pending return with them so have £90 in credit, so may as well stick with them to use it up.
    Adidas do awesome styles from the 80/90s, but i think i’m a bit old for them these days personally. Even though quite classic.

I was debating going more ‘walking’ but they’re a bit, well, clunky/bulky if you ask me, maybe a bit stiff and restrictive too

I’ve got my ‘work’ boots, but they’re more a dress style or posh nights out with shirt style… So… throw me some ideas.

dirkpitt74

My daily go-to are Five Ten Freeriders – super comfy.

zippykona

Palladium boots.
    Canvas in summer,leather in winter.
    https://palladiumboots.co.uk/collections/mens

thols2

trailwagger
    Free Member

The last pair only work with grey sweat pants and a north face jacket innit bruv.

richmtb

Salomon approach shoes of some kind.

Because day to day means walking a dog on unsurfaced paths and traipsing through wet grass.

Trainers only get dug out in the “summer”

tails
    Free Member

Some of the Adidas terrex shoes might be what you are after for general walking duties.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

I have some FiveTen Access trainers which are great. Had them a few years now and they are really comfy, grippy too and look decent. Unsure if they still do them though? I purchased my current ones from SportsPursuit.

Keva
    Free Member

day to day use like going to the shops, pub etc…

where do you live then?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Adidas terrex mid or the mid skychasers.. much prefer the extra support of mids

weeksy

where do you live then?

Berkshire.

If you mean under CV19 restrictions, then you’re just being a bit silly. I wasn’t talking about “what shoes do you wear when you’re not allowed to leave the house” as that would be a bit of a daft question wouldn’t it ?

joepud
    Free Member

Adidas do awesome styles from the 80/90s, but i think i’m a bit old for them these days personally. Even though quite classic.

No way never too old. Im fully in the camp of get what ever you want / like.

BillOddie

I have too many shoes…

General wear: Vans of some description

Walking the dog in the rain/cold but on pavement or trying to look slightly more presentable: Moc Toe Work boots

Walking the dog in the wet/mud “offroad”: Keen Hikers or Goodyear Wellies

Lifting weights: Reebok Nano 6/8/9

Riding bikes: Shimano AM9 or XC shoes on the gravel bike.

joepud
    Free Member

I have too many shoes…

As someone thats slimmed their collection down once it hit 3 digits im not sure thats possible.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I was a Vans man for a long time but I bought a pair of Adidas Terrex a couple of months ago and haven’t looked at my Vans since.

https://www.adidas.co.uk/terrex-swift-r2-gtx-shoes/CM7492.html

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MarkyG82

Current set is:
    Mammut approach shoe
    Vans pro
    Keen sandals

Depending on time of year and if I’m going to the office or not. Mammuts are slowly dieing. On their second set of laces and recently wee’d on by a dog I am on the look out for a replacement. They are so comfy and supportive even at 3-4 years old.

Klunk
    Free Member

most of the time some vintage german para boots, just so nice to wear.

richardkennerley

I wear my Adidas trail cross a lot for pottering around in. They’re very comfy but are bigger than a “normal” trainer.

Five ten used to do approach shoes like the aescent, I had a pair of those for walking and they were great. Not sure if there’s an equivalent now?

toby1

I have wide forefoot and slim heels, nike’s seem to fit me best. I am mostly wearing a pair of these

Terra Kiger trail

Aside from that it’s decathlon wellies or 10 year old Scarpa walking boots (which really need replacing, has anyone tried Hoka onoone walking boots or the boot/trail trainer crossovers?).

BUT the only reason I go out really is to walk the dog, so footwear is selected based on recent rain volumes.

brads
    Free Member

Geox

Finest shoes I’ve had. Am trying to locate the same model I’m wearing today but can’t find them anywhere. I’ll be gutted when they die.

northernmatt

Why change? Just get the FiveTens. Since lockdown and WFH in new job all I have worn is either them or flipflops. Thinking of which I’m going to order another pair.

mahalo

slippers.

dc1988

Nike Free Waffle, I bought them years ago for the gym but stopped using the gym and realised they’re super comfy and amazingly hard wearing day to day. I look silly in them but comfort is king.

binners

As a bloke, isn’t your taste in footwear set in stone when you’re 18 and its then hardwired from that point on to never change?

I have a selection of different coloured New Balance 574 and 576, which also happen to be pretty much the comfiest thing you can put on your feet

Coyote
    Free Member

Standard Adidas / Vans type skate shoes for around the house / warmer months. Several pairs of boots for through the colder months. Fitness / gym etc. is pretty much New Balance or Saucony. If and when we ever go back to the office then the brogues will be given a polish.

fasthaggis

must be Keen
    Yes,I know how stupid they look,but I don’t care,they are the most comfi of things for my hobbit feet.🙃

weeksy

Why change? Just get the FiveTens.

Part of the reason is that FiveTens are a bit useless if we go out for a stroll and hit anything mud-like. It could be argued i need another pair of walking shoes then… Which is potentially where i’m going in some ways.

I’ve got 3 pairs of FiveTens,
    1 Freerider Pro, love them… they’re my go-to day to day currently
    2. Freerider, my go-to riding
    3. not sure, they’re more climbing style i think, they’re used on the turbo.

Where the plan falls down is if the Freeriders get wet, they take 2-3 days drying out… So i really need to have either the Freerider Pro as a 2nd riding pair, but that then means i have nothing to go out in….

lunge

Binners has the right idea so far, NW don’t fit my feet, but some old-skool styled Nike’s are the option of choice. Of the selection you’ve posted it’d be the Gazelle’s, no question.

Never wear active shoes for casual wear, running/walking shoes are no-go on a casual basis.

These are my latest casual pair.

stumpy01

Nike Air Huarache in a mid-grey colour. Super-comfortable & I had a pair of the original ones back in ’93/4 for running, so when they were re-released I was gonna definitely get a pair.

Some completely black Nike ‘skateboard’ shoes.

Tan leather chelsea boots from Schuh which are smart, but not massively comfortable.

I had a quick look on the Adidas website – they’ve got tons of choice, so I think you’d struggle to not find something suitable.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

day to day

ultraboost og or continental vulc at the minute,
    i do mix it up with ZX 8000, zx700, NB m1400 / 574, terrex solo,
    if you want five ten check out the five tennies.. great for a quick hike and mtbing

vans style 36 pumps are great. as are the premium converse chuck
    also timberland or doc martens chucka boot.

and dont forget voucherscodes 11am today a £15 vouhcer for £25 spend on adidas
    or the regular 30% off full price or 15-20% on discounted items, go via quidco or topcashback

i’ve bought maybe 2 pairs of trainers full price last year and i bought a lot.

i’ve bought and sold trainers since the mid 90s, its my second hobby
    you can never have too many trianers or jackets in my life..

managed to pick up a few pairs of nike tailwind / waffle racer / international
    all good looking retro 80s runners. not like those orrible air max chavtastic bubble stuff.
    mr porter had them a month back for £22-30 a pair

weeksy

the voucher codes rarely/don’t work on Five Tens. They work on the Adidas items and the Terrex items, but not on FiveTens.

https://www.adidas.co.uk/five-ten-climbing-guide-tennie-shoes/BC0884.html?forceSelSize=BC0884_680

the Tennies i’m quite liking in Blue…

joshvegas
    Free Member

My etnies always seem to outlast my vans.

And there are always cheap ones to be had from skatehut.

nbt

Normally Loake, Barker or Solovair.

Clarks derby boot in goretex if it’s wet

Merrel “Moab” chelsea boot in winter

dantsw13

Currently slippers or flip flops.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

yeah i noticed that, this time last year freeriders were £40-45, sleuths £40-55 with codes.
    then when they restocked late summer. game over..

i had some 25-30% codes last week that worked on the new colourways of the freeriders.
    but the vouchercodes dont tend to, if you know any students the uniday codes work well and are the best discounts.

i’ve tried not looking at the adidas app, although the new Cord and TRX vintage looked great, glad they sold out in hours of release.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

get one of these

boot dryer, they are amazing, i let my boots drain in the sink then an hour on this and they feel much drier.. not sure about five tens, work on my terrex tivid and trailcross

bob_summers

Because they are teh veganz

Or black canvas old skool Vans low tops, since forever. Haven’t ever owned a pair of shoes, not in adulthood anyway.

But before spraining my ankle yesterday, I was hill running 4 days a week, avg 2.5h so probably spending more time in trail shoes than anything else (X-talons in slop, Nike Pegasus trails in dry)

theotherjonv

@binners

You have a go at us for pizza toppings and then post them?

Me – I have a pair of trainers (Nike, I think, all black so can’t see / remember the logo) and a pair of Converse (not the canvas ones, chunkier) that I bought cheap in an outlet store in the US when I was there 2 years ago,

I never wear trainers with long trousers / jeans. Only shorts. With long trousers, I either have some desert boot style brown boots, some Oxford boots, or my DM’s.

Right now. Thick cricket socks instead of slippers. I haven’t left the house in 6 days except for a bike ride and I have special disco slippers for that.

(lie – I have taken the bins out, and also taken daughter to work and back twice. I wore crocs, with socks, and hoped no-one saw me going from house to car and back again)

scuttler

Infloooooencer.

(Awaits call from Ted Baker to start asking on here what undies are best for Teams calls)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Day to Day footwear, what do you go for ?’ is closed to new replies.