Day hikes in the Peak District

Home Forum Chat Forum Day hikes in the Peak District

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Day hikes in the Peak District
  • scuttler

Easy to navigate if possible, I don’t have any maps but will get one if needed

Fugginell. Whilst getting lost won’t get you killed I’d suggest a map so that you can identify where paths go, interesting things along the way, pubs, shortcuts, longcuts and other mundane stuff.

Sorry I don’t have any route recommendations.

Duane…

Sorry, should have been clearer. I won’t get a map if the route someone suggests is all signposted (ie something like Llanberis path). I will get a map (or try use my iPhone as a gps?) if not.

banks

Hikes are weird. What about hayfield campsite? Near decent pubs & food & at the base of kinder

Premier Icon midlifecrashes
    Subscriber

On phone so not sure of Linky, but I love a circular walk around Youlgreave and Lath kill dales when the sun is out.
    http://uk-walks.info/youlgrave_lathkill_dale_shorter.html

Duane…

A bit of scrambling would be ace. If anyone is familiar with Tryfan in N.Wales, something like that would be perfect.

Premier Icon BoomBip
    Subscriber

AFAIK, scrambles in the Peak are more gully-type stuff rather than what you get on (the one and only) Tryfan and it’s not really known for scrambling as an area.

Could well be my own ignorance though – climbed and biked in the Peak but only done Kinder downfall as a scramble.

steve-g

You could do the high peak trail. So starting at Cromford on Saturday morning, about 18 miles from there is Parsley Hay where there is a pub with a campsite (Royal Oak I think), then the following day head down the Tissington trail to Ashbourne. I did a Marathon along there once, very nice

Duane…

Hi all,

Assuming the weather stays decent this weekend, I’d like to do one or two decent all-day hikes.

I’m in Derby, so this side of the Peaks would be ideal.

Young and fit, so happy for fairly challenging stuff. No rope work though.
    Easy to navigate if possible, I don’t have any maps but will get one if needed.

Might be camping Saturday night, so near a cheap campsite would be even better!

Cheers, Duane.

ktmblag

camp edale. nice climb up grindsbrook Clough on to kinder scout..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Day hikes in the Peak District’ is closed to new replies.