Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • David Turner on now and the future: ‘Old is Mould’
  • stwhannah

It’s always worth having a chat with David Turner – he’ll always have something to say, and he’s not afraid to say it. Since his bikes hold a fond spo …

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

David Turner on now and the future: ‘Old is Mould’

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

rickon
    Free Member

I wish he’d go back to making DW-Link bikes, getting rid of the awful bushing system that adding friction at the start of riding, and then adding play when it had ‘bedded-in’. It was like an advocado, and most of the time I missed the ripeness period!

Make a new 5-Spot and a Flux!

rone

My latest Czar was on bearings (they moved away from Bushes around 2007) and the original bearings are 5000 miles old – it’s running a dream even now. The old bush version was okay but did need a bit of messing about with every now and again.

DW-Link is still the absolute sweet spot for me.

I’m also running a Nitrous in rigid guise – It’s a fantastic ride.

These bikes are keepers – I never sell my Turners.

rickon
    Free Member

Yeah, I feel like I should have kept my Flux – but it’s rose tinted specs. It was 26, short, steep, slack seat angle. A new version would be amazing.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Got a full set of main pivots for Mrs Wachowchows 2006 HL 5-Spot a couple of weeks ago direct from David. Great guy / Company to deal with. Making only what he wants to ride will hopefully mean that everything he makes he is fully passionate about and invested in.

monkeyboyjc

Great vid – I used to have a Turner Rail, was a great little bike 15yrs ago, but I’m sure I’m looking at it with rose tinned specs and it’d ride like a dog in comparison to modern bikes.

rone

Moved away from bushes 2017 I mean!

comet

I’m riding a Flux v4.0. I got a good deal buying the frame direct 3 years ago and built it up with all my favourite bits. I didn’t even get badly clobbered on import tax.

I’m sure a more 29’er, longer, lower, slacker bike would make me a better person but the Flux still rides really nicely for what I do.

Treated it to a new BB, just yesterday.

voodoo-rich

I swapped a couple of messages with him on Facebook, when my 2010 5Spot developed a hairline crack in the seat-tube brace. His advice was to retire it, on the basis that most new, modern geometry MTBs are far better than what i had, and it wasn’t worth trying to repair.

I’m still riding it of course… waiting for the day the crack reaches the other end of the weld…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.