Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • david lynch
  • racefaceec90

have just found the whole of twin peaks “fire walk with me” on youtube 😀
    mr lynch has to be my favorite director of anyone that i have watched.
    his films just seem to resonate with me for some reason (although i admit that i do not understand many of them 😉
    i remember one night years ago (when i used to drink).i had left the tv on and fallen asleep.i woke up around 3am with eraserhead playing on the tv.what the **** is this i said to myself 😯 but i was transfixed by the film.
    lost highway and the aformentioned tpfwwm are 2 of my favorite films.the guy is a cinematic genius as far as i’m concerned 😀

CountZero

“Damn fine pie!”

slimjim78
    Free Member

”how’s Annie?”

Lifer
    Free Member

The video scene in Lost Highway is one of my favourites, so horribly creepy.

GJP
    Free Member

Mulholland Drive. I must have watched it a dozen times and still none the wiser 😆

kimbers

hes got a regular cameo in cleveland show too!

but i am a massive fan of his work, if only he had been able to do dune his way…………..

cynic-al
    Free Member

Aye, apart from Mulholland Drive, pretty flawless (not seen everything tho I ghuess).

Straight Story is worth a watch too.

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Lynch and Kubrick – can’t go wrong. I love them both in equal measure.

Twin Peaks is utterly stunningly brilliant.

SaxonRider

There was a TV channel in Canada that used to run the annuam David Lynch Fest. The tag line was:

Weird – Weirder – David Lynch

noteeth
    Free Member

As a kid, Twin Peaks was a massive influence on me – it marked out some kind of dark hinterland that I’ve never really left.

How’s Annie?

Irrespective of whether any more episodes could/should have been made, what an ending… 😯

Garry_Lager

He’s peerless – consistently so through his career. Inland Empire was superb – although it makes Mulholland drive look like spoon-feeding. [Inland Empire was the last film I saw at the cinema for some reason, sticks in my mind as amazing viewing].

Big fan of Dune as well. Obv very flawed all over the place but still a great film in places IMHO (although I don’t think Lynch himself thinks that). Heard it described as like watching a trailer for the greatest film ever made.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I am a huge fan of Mr Lynch. I love his sideways view of society.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve spent a fair bit of time in one of the places he spent his formative years (Spokane, WA) and there’s some really interesting influences. Inland small-city America has a really odd feel that is definitely very present in his work.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘david lynch’ is closed to new replies.