Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 242 total)
  • David Cameron quits
  • kimbers

The grammar school thing was a bit scary

On the one hand the 3 brexit muppets shes appointed seem set up for a huge fall

on the other shes not going to let facts get in the way of her plan to ‘improve’ social mobility
    the rolling over on faith schools thing was also a big warning
    she seems set on a more divided, unequal society

we’ll be pining after the good old days soon

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbLGG5UGEKw[/video]

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

@justinfiveminutes…I could show you as many stats and graphs demonstrating a different view of poverty in the UK.

Nevertheless..if you’re happy with the present situation that’s your choice. Personally, I think its shameful.

maccruiskeen

Dave would never have proposed the reintroduction of Grammar schools. And thats just her first policy.

Shouldn’t have long to wait before we can legally beat our kids again.

binners

I’m looking forward to the reintroduction of workhouses. Surely the next logical step….

tjagain

Legacy

FUBAR

philxx1975
    Free Member

When did the forum go labour party luv in

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think the recent trend for former PMs to make a fairly swift exit is the right way

could you list them for me please and the ones who did not make a swift exit as i think your facts are wrong

As for dave its a mixture of a signal to May and the fact , I assume, he can make more money elsewhere. I am sure we can rule principled out of the equation as possible reasons

binners

When did the forum go labour party luv in

Just because you hate the tories, it doesn’t necessarily follow that you’re a fan of the present shambolic labour party.

They’re both heading off in equally as unpopular, but opposite directions. Which is just going to serve to illustrate how centrist Dave actually was, and exactly what people generally want to vote for.

Which is a bit of a bugger, because it leaves us with the choice of a bunch of unelectable, economically illiterate trots, or rabid foaming-at-the-mouth, right wing nut-jobs

Wooohoooooooo!!! Something to look forward too eh?

Junkyard
    Free Member

or we could look at events as if we were capable of discussing them without sounding like a hysterical tabloid header writer

dragon
    Free Member

You forgot the bit about him showing a cowardly lack of leadership in the face the international refugee crisis, choosing instead to say and do nothing and in the vacuum allowing the gutter press to set the agenda instead.

He got plenty of stuff wrong but on the refugees he got it right. Look at the mess its created in Germany and how Merkel has gone from well liked to quickly losing support.

End of the day his legacy will be defined by the EU vote, and what happens later down the line could change how positive or negative his legacy is seen.

binners

or we could look at events as if we were capable of discussing them without sounding like a hysterical tabloid header writer

Are you new here? 😉

wordnumb
    Free Member

On previous form he may still u-turn on this decision if enough people call him out on it.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to the reintroduction of workhouses. Surely the next logical step….

So am I.
    Oh, you are joking ..

lunge

Which is a bit of a bugger, because it leaves us with the choice of a bunch of unelectable, economically illiterate trots, or rabid foaming-at-the-mouth, right wing nut-jobs

I’m glad I’m not the only one thinking this.

Come back Clegg, all is forgiven…

forzafkawi
    Free Member

or rabid foaming-at-the-mouth, right wing nut-jobs

The last time we had a government like that I seem to remember we went from the poor man of Europe to something you could call Great again (and there was a woman in charge then too).

philxx1975
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to the reintroduction of workhouses

For workshy British folks , how will that work wide-screen jeremy Kyle for the 9-10 break?

Shirley it’s easier to just carry on.

aracer
    Free Member

Can we have a referendum on it?

tjagain

Cameron has been a weak PM who squandered a lot of chances to do good. His legacy is a divided UK, a nasty rise in racism, economic disaster looming, pissed off our european neighbours time and time again. responsible for the deaths of thousands, destroyed public services for ideology

He will be rememberd mainly for the utter disaster of the vote to leave the EU

Junkyard
    Free Member

His legacy will be defined by losing the vote what happens next is largely irrelevant as he **** off and left it to others – not that I
    blame him for that tbh. I suspect those in charge will be judged on that not him. oh and Binners will blame corbyn for not keeping an eye on the tories

lunge

Binners will blame corbyn for not keeping an eye on the tories

He’ll have a point too. A solid opposition is vital in British politics and, whether you like Corbyn or not, right now the Labour party are not that. As the leader, Corbyn has to take responsibility some for that.

Pigface
    Free Member

Where is the fun in that 😆

philxx1975
    Free Member

Can we have a referendum on it?

Sure let’s do another 289 pages if sore losers whining

Pigface
    Free Member

I can’t stand the man but to be fair he did manage to get gay marriage past the swivel eyed loons. That was good.

wordnumb
    Free Member

We never did find out which football team he really supports.

binners

I think it’ll be Burnleys turn to be Daves preferred claret and blues this week

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Nows the bit where he really proves himself as the Heir to Blair. I reckon he’s about to outdo Tony on how many squillion you can make as a former PM.

Of course. Time for a “proper job” (tips hat to Nigel) in the “real world” {to the lefties) to make some serious money (to the bank!)

FWIW, I doubt he will beat the Blair bonanza, but then again a bit more older money with Dave and Sam I believe – no need for total vulgarity 😀

binners

The last time we had a government like that I seem to remember we went from the poor man of Europe to something you could call Great again (and there was a woman in charge then too).

Yeah, thats exactly how I remember it. It was brilliant, was’t it? Hope we get that all over again. Then Theresa can also be viewed with the same universal affection.

km79
    Free Member

I wish him nothing but bad fortune. Spineless pig **** **** that he is. Hope I live longer than him so I can toast his demise.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I wish him nothing but bad fortune. Spineless pig **** **** that he is. Hope I live longer than him so I can toast his demise.

How about sitting on the fence?

Very pleasant sentiments, I must say. 😯

fourbanger
    Free Member

Easily the strongest major economy in Europe

How are you measuring that Jambaliar?

Junkyard
    Free Member

well it obviously lacks the niceness in your previous [non trolly obvs] post but its no surprise some folk hate tories.

Personally I dont think Dave is that bad for a tory.

km79
    Free Member

Very pleasant sentiments, I must say.

That was as polite as I could come up with.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

well quite an achievement 😀 poor old Laura Koonesberg (sp?) will be quaking in her boots!!

I am surprised he took this long – even given the length of contract negotiations these days.

So finance, prof services, industry or CMD Inc? Place your bets

km79
    Free Member

He’d make a good ballistics dummy. I’m sure he could command a really big upfront fee.

maccruiskeen

So finance, prof services, industry or CMD Inc? Place your bets

Asda. Or sign up to a Tony Blair look-alike agency.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FnmnuDiVno[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

You forgot the bit about him showing a cowardly lack of leadership in the face the international refugee crisis

Second largest donor after the US, helping people in situ in the Middle East where each £ goes mich further than here. Smart policy of taking refugees from camps in Syria with people proposed by the UN, contrast with Merkel madness which created a headlong rush accross Europe by a group of people the minority (30%?) where from Syria.

Don’t forget it was the EU who decided to withdraw funding for the Mediterrain rescue mission leading to thousands of drownings and leaving Italy to manage the crises alone.

jambalaya
    Free Member

If Cameron stayed he’d just be claiming a salary and doing nothing, much like Brown did imho. As Cameron said as an ex-PM as soon as he made a stand on anything he would create a minor sh.t storm so it’s counter productive.

As for him standing down after the way he and Osbourne conducted the Remain campaign with a huge attempt to intimidate voters with ludicrous scare stories he was finihsed, he jumped before he was pushed.

As for helping the less well off we have a personal allowance of £10k and he put in place the commitments for a rise in the minimum wage. The **** economy hurts the poorest the most.

Germany is in a very bad place, Merkel has given the Greeks €100bn of taxoayers money and they are not getting it back, ever.

What’s next ? Speaking circuit pays very very well, much better than any advisory type job. I think his wife will launch a business and he’ll work part time. She’s sacraficed a lot and has his family, Cameron will take a back seat and prioritise his family now imho

Junkyard
    Free Member

Don’t forget it was the EU who decided to withdraw funding for the Mediterrain rescue mission leading to thousands of drownings and leaving Italy to manage the crises alone.

meanwhile back in reality

The British refusal comes as the official Italian sea and rescue operation, Mare Nostrum, is due to end this week after contributing over the past 12 months to the rescue of an estimated 150,000 people since the Lampedusa tragedies in which 500 migrants died in October 2013.

The Italian operation will now end without a similar European search and rescue operation to replace it. The Italian authorities have said their operation, which involves a significant part of the Italian navy, is unsustainable. Despite its best efforts, more than 2,500 people are known to have drowned or gone missing in the Mediterranean since the start of the year.

Instead of the Italian operation, a limited joint EU “border protection” operation, codenamed Triton and managed by Frontex, the European border agency, is to be launched on 1 November. Crucially, it will not include search and rescue operations across the Mediterranean, just patrols within 30 miles of the Italian coast.

as an ex-PM as soon as he made a stand on anything he would create a minor sh.t storm so it’s counter productive

Indeed imagine an Mp with a powerful voice – what good could come from that eh?

a huge attempt to intimidate voters with ludicrous scare stories he was finihsed,

Thanks god the NHS is saved with that £350 million eh and nations are falling at our feet to offer us trade deals and it was not just BS pledges to win the vote at any costs even stating outright lies to fool the gullible.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Germany is in a very bad place, Merkel has given the Greeks €100bn of taxoayers money and they are not getting it back, ever.

Not sure if the figures are right, but if Germans are surprised by the need to make transfers to offset their surpluses, then they are not very bright! Its a basic requirement of the structure they and others have built

Garry_Lager

It’s one for the historians to argue over – who is the most incompetent prime minister in British history, Eden or Cameron? Eden wins on general haplessness but at least Suez was a significant geopolitical event that demanded a response – he just made a bollox of things.

Cameron was generally credible, if weak, as PM but the brexit fiasco is mind-boggling. It’s not even about whether you think it’s right or wrong, the political incompetence was awesome to witness. Voluntarily taking a no-play line – risking everything to win nothing, against a threat that only existed in his head.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 242 total)

The topic ‘David Cameron quits’ is closed to new replies.