Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Dave Hind, Have they got better?
  • sherry
    Free Member

Thinking of getting some wheels from him, they are at a good price but is it worth the risk?

http://www.davehinde.com/mountain-bikes/wheels/hope-hoops-pro-2-evo-wheels-stans-flow-ex-29er-rim.html

ontor
    Free Member

No.

hora
    Free Member

No.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Even if they had got better, after their past performance, they deserve to be boycotted for being utter, utter shits.

No.

cardo

No

northernmatt

I want to say yes because it’ll inevitably end up with yet another thread slating them but no, don’t do it.

Scapegoat

No.

I got some wheels made when he was trading on eBay as Fastparts something or other? Quick service, looked great, but on closer inspection they had several different types of spokes and both needed a complete rebuild, the tension was all over the place. I read about his customer service record and put it down to experience.

I always recommend cyclefast in Halifax for hope wheels. Not the cheapest, but great service, decent geezer, and awesome build quality.

Northwind

They’re not bad due to incompetence, which is improvable. They’re bad due to being born shiteheels, which is not improvable.

sherry
    Free Member

Scapegoat, Cheers for the link to cyclefast in Halifax. They are doing Hope Hoops pro evo 2, flow ex 29er rims front and rear for £302 delivered! looks like I will be going for them I think. Cheers.

hora
    Free Member

Well at least hinde is consistent with his customer service. That takes hard work and dedication to zero-standards.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I’ve never had a drama, but then, I’ve only ever been into the shop to buy stuff..
    Sad, as he is technically my LBS.. 🙁

jekkyl

try merlin as well, i had both wheels from them and their service is quick and faultless.

z1ppy

It’s alway been the case that the brick and mortar store customers don’t understand the web customers complaints but IMO CaptFlashheart +1

dthom3uk

I’ll second CycleFast as well. Dave built me some Hope wheels last January and they have been flawless. Another local bike shop took a look at them recently and said they were the truest wheels they’d ever seen.

jonnyrockymountain

Ditto here for Dave at cycle fast used him for a few builds, very reasonable, good service and free truing for life on his wheel builds if ever needed

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Dave Hind, Have they got better?’ is closed to new replies.