• This topic has 114 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • Dating – what's your story …
  • PiknMix
    Free Member

Was she your parole officer?

Or Psychiatrist…

What truly bizarre and frankly inappropriate comments!

hora
    Free Member

Mboy I think they pick a photo that they like the best (not a bad idea tbh)…naturally that pic could be From 3-4yrs ago.

To balance… I heard stories that every bloke had ‘issues’ relating back to his childhood (illness, an event etc)

mrmoofo

What truly bizarre and frankly inappropriate comments!

Didn’t realise that this was a STW humour free thread.
    It was called “having a joke”

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PiknMix
    Free Member

It’s taken me this long to stop laughing 🙄

mrmoofo

It’s taken me this long to stop laughing

Sorry, I genuinely didn’t realise that you were so precious. It is noted on the database and we won’t cross that line again.

hora
    Free Member

Its lovely to see the young bucks rutting infront of the ladies on this topic 8)

hora
    Free Member

Its lovely to see the young bucks rutting infront of the ladies on this topic 8)

mrmoofo

Just wait until we get to the “cocks out on the table” stage 😉

joeydeacon
    Free Member

If I lived in a city I might try online dating – however where I live (small town) two things put me off.

1. Female friends telling me how they’re inundated with messages from guys who are just after sex, thus burying any genuine messages.

2. The fact that the majority of girls I know on POF have descriptions and photos that are completely different to how they actually are in real life. Everyone seems to paint a completely unrealistic picture, making the whole thing pretty pointless IMO.

footflaps

As I mentioned before, I found the whole thing very positive. I went on Fitness Singles for about 6 months. Went on loads of dates, met a really nice set of women, all very successful (except in love). Most of the dates were outward bound based, eg walking or mountain biking.

I dated someone for about 6 months, but it didn’t work out, then contacted someone I’d previously chatted to 6 months earlier, but she’d just met someone else. However luckily her relationship hadn’t worked out either. That was 4 years ago and we’re getting married in 7 weeks time.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Sorry, I genuinely didn’t realise that you were so precious. It is noted on the database and we won’t cross that line again.

Nothing to do with being precious really is it though? Don’t really see the funny side in being branded a criminal when you have no knowledge of me, as for the other pathetic jibe well that was far to close to my bipolar bones 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

So in summary, men want sex and women post old pictures of themselves.

grum
    Free Member

Nothing to do with being precious really is it though?

Seems a bit that way I’m afraid.

Don’t really see the funny side in being branded a criminal when you have no knowledge of me

Pretty sure it was meant to be a joke – see above.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Nothing to do with being precious really is it though?

DezB
    Free Member

“branded a criminal”! Now that’s funny!!

mboy
    Free Member

Mboy I think they pick a photo that they like the best (not a bad idea tbh)…naturally that pic could be From 3-4yrs ago.

Yes, but… You’d stop and have a word with yourself surely? The phrase “false advertising” springs to mind.

To balance… I heard stories that every bloke had ‘issues’ relating back to his childhood (illness, an event etc)

Almost certainly… But then so are most of the girls too! Take it as a given that if someone is on an internet dating site, they are likely to have “issues” of some sort, even if it is just that they struggle to meet people of the opposite sex. Pretty much everyone has issues of some sort.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Guess who got out of bed the wrong side this morning 😉 as you were gents.

hora
    Free Member

Yes but if you put a brutally honest picture up you’d get zip interest.

Two-edged sword.

ONE THING a friend pointed out- all the girls seemed to want the impossible- fit bloke, money/good job yet looked plain-Jane.

He was asked numerous questions about job etc (he also lied).

If I went on one I think I’d just put the honest truth up and ask for someone whose not into 2hour makeup sessions, ridiculously high heels or thinks that drinking a bottle of wine each with their girlie friends is normal alcohol consumption for a female.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Yes but if you put a brutally honest picture up you’d get zip interest.

not necessarily true.
    i put my profile picture up using one i took the day i registered. and added a couple more to my profile through the year it was on.
    several women contacted me. all were a waste of time!
    my now gf used a current photo of herself too. she got bombarded with stupid, mostly illiterate messages from blokes (some of whom were quite unpleasantly misogynistic because on one of her other pics she was sat on her VFR400!).
    she only replied to mine in a positive way because, like me, she’d been totally honest in her profile and it turned out we had a lot of stuff in common.

so sometimes, it works. because sometimes, people aren’t shady, bitter, devious snakes.

footflaps

There are only two types of people in this world:

Those who are f***ed up

and

Those who know they are f***ed up!

hora
    Free Member

xherbivorex I was generalising……… I too would probably get 7 hits in the year rather than the multiple a day emails to stroke a fragile ego.

It only takes one to be the one 8)

Northwind

hora – Member

I’m a God-damn sexual-Tyrannosaurus

Long extinct? Me too 🙁

lowey

My experience has been overall very positive.

I met a girl on Guardian Soulmates last year who was lovely, but the distance kind of put paid to it. Since had 3 dates this year, 2 who were really nice but no spark, still friends and one who I’m currently seeing.

A few messages off nut jobs, but on the whole a very positive experience. Just keep your **** radar switched to full power.

flowerpower
    Free Member

Was on ‘Match’ for a couple of years, you soon learn to filter the rubbish. Had a fair few interesting coffee dates, two reasonable length relationships (6 month-ish). It was ok… Nothing bad or scary happened and it was mostly fun…

I just found it a bit weird dating people I didn’t really know – in the past I had only gone out with guys that I knew as friends first. Met my present OH in real life and we were friends first, just works better that way for me!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yeah but hora, what i think we can take from this (and tbh it’s been said before) is that women tend to get a lot of attention regardless of whether they’re honest or not. however, men don’t. unless they’re outstandingly good looking (or at least they lie and claim they are, because if they genuinely are then they’d be unlikely to be internet dating)…

missnotax
    Free Member

Not strictly true – personally i’m looking at whether any blokes have any bike pics in their profile. On a nice bike. And that they look like a better rider than me 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

That 28 dates late site is good.

He texts her, saying “I realise the date went badly, but was wondering if you were still interested in sex. I have a massive penis. Jim. XX”. And attached, is a picture of said massive penis.

😀 Quality.

flowerpower
    Free Member

Not strictly true – personally i’m looking at whether any blokes have any bike pics in their profile. On a nice bike. And that they look like a better rider than me

Yep – I was definitely judging the bike over the face (as long as they topped my 5’6″ rule 😉 ) But then I guess that the sort of girls that ‘virtually’ hang out on bike forums are in the minority…

missnotax
    Free Member

Very true flowerpower 😆

Moses

The 28 Dates Later blog is written by a mate of a long-time STW chappie.
    You’re right, it’s quality reading.

schnor
    Free Member

My brief dabble into internet dating can be summarised by meeting women who, on the face of it and after texts / emails / etc were completely normal, but: –

a) Had a phobia of eating or drinking in public (including being near those who were eating or drinking) – despite asking to meet in a nearby coffee shop
    b) Asked me loudly mid conversation to “STOP LOOKING INTO MY EYES”
    c) Could only hold a conversation via whispering, which meant I had to whisper too
    d) Her – “Sorry I’m late, but I slept in and aren’t that fussed about meeting you anyway”. Me – “Nice pyjamas. Goodbye” [edit] I forgot, she actually texted me afterwards all positive and asked to meet up again soon 😐

Female friends have since told me that stories like mine are normal, and yes ‘It’s them not you’ but I just thought why did I bother? It took me a long time to get ready to start dating again.

I’m sure Mrs Right is out there somewhere but I genuinely can’t be bothered anymore (again). TBH the above ran me ragged, I really don’t see how people have the time to meet / date / etc, but I’ve been told frequently this is my main excuse for being single. Plus I’m skint. And although I’m genuinely not anti-social, I’d rather have some peace and quiet on my bike my myself in the middle of nowhere.

Saying that, it’s nice to read that so many of you meeting your OH’s, so it gives me some hope at least 🙂

maxtorque

DezB

Indeed there was, and nope there was definitely some female attendance. I think the focus was on riding Swinley and no relationships were formed.
    (I was the photographer )

Look! A female

It’s like the Usual Suspects, but on two wheels! (and who are you calling a girl…. 😉

maxtorque

BTW, RE:Internet Dating, i have a 100% record of anti-attraction. If i fancy her, she doesn’t fancy me, and vise versa. DOH!

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Have you tried the sites where a mate has to write their profile up? This way you know they:

– Have at least one friend.
    – That friend cares enough about them to write/lie about them in order for them to score.

Works quite well that stuff!

The picture thing cuts both ways though. I know mates who’re using pictures of themselves from over a year ago. Though it’s the “tactical crop” that’s the killer apparently.

hora
    Free Member

I’ve only ridden on 3 boggy rides. But there are a few hot MILFs in their group. A couple who look like they’d best me too 8)

Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Dating – what's your story …’ is closed to new replies.