Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • Dating is suuuuch a pain.
  • emsz
    Free Member

Is it rude just to say “look, you’re very dull, so I’m just leaving”, or

“That hairstyle is just a little too manly…and the shirt, and the jeans and the…in fact are you even a girl?”

😆

PJ’s and Downton from now on!

crikey
    Free Member

You need to meet a nice young man, have you considered joining the Young Conservatives?

allthegear
    Free Member

Sometimes, emsz, you’re probably right to just admit early on there’s nothing working!

Rachel

Rorschach
    Free Member

Don’t fret….I’ve been asked that many a time 😕

beefheart
    Free Member

True.
    Honesty is the best policy.
    Although, as long as you have been honest from the start- as I have come to realise.

Jamie
    Free Member

You can be honest to a point. Just don’t be rude for no reason.

…oh and obviously you havn’t met the right man yet, emsz.

crikey
    Free Member

Sometimes, emsz, you’re probably right to just admit early on there’s nothing working!

I’ve been on a couple of dates where I admitted that right at the end…

allthegear
    Free Member

yeah – don’t be rude – some of us can be a little sensitive with that question!! 😉

Rachel

tazzymtb

Honesty is the best policy.

Is it rude just to say “look, you’re very dull, so I’m just leaving”

just throw your hands up in air and scream in shock and horror and then run off weeping…works everytime

Jamie
    Free Member

just throw your hands up in air and scream in shock and horror and then run off weeping…works everytime

Have we dated?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Don’t fret….thats happened to me many a time 😕

CountZero

Lolz! 😀

tazzymtb

Have we dated?

you’d remember the duct tape and stinging sensation of the taser if we had…. 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

That’s a yes then 😀

MrNutt
    Free Member

“I’ve got to go, I’m out of cream and this rash is killing me”

crikey
    Free Member

” Oooh, it’s like a penis, only smaller…”

tazzymtb

just behave like this

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7Xy1nI4Wzw&feature=related[/video]

mbr30
    Free Member

“big head,big head,big head”

CountZero

Emsz, the old ‘I’m just going to the loo, back in a minute’, then climb out of a window trick always seems to work… 😀

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdB2-4F8UYY[/video]

ourmaninthenorth

Since the last relationship advice I gave you ultimately lead to doom, I think I might keep my trap shut this time.

Anyway, “dating” is only for people who missed the boat first time round. You’re too young for that!

Cougar

Anyway, “dating” is only for people who missed the boat first time round. You’re too young for that!

How about carbon dating?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Judging by some of the Conservatives on here, I think you can cancel the idea of nice.

CountZero

Who would those be, monkey boy?

Sandwich

You need a pre-arranged call for an emergency that you need to help at. About 15 minutes after meeting should do it.

binners

“That hairstyle is just a little too manly…and the shirt, and the jeans and the…in fact are you even a girl?”

Sigh…. its the story of my life. I think its my moobs that sometimes leads to the confusion

You need a pre-arranged call for an emergency that you need to help at.

Armageddon?

globalti
    Free Member

Being married may be a pain with the constant insults and nagging but at least I don’t have to suffer the embarrassment and uncertainty of dating any more.

zokes
    Free Member

globalti +1

hels
    Free Member

Well, I don’t think all good manners have to go out the window just because dating is involved. You agreed to go on the date, (one hopes, blink twice if you are writing this from a basement) you owe the datee the courtesy of at least staying an hour or so. Then do the “we didn’t really click, did we ?” speech. And fantastic as you are and a massive catch an’ all, it is entirely possible they have come to the same conclusion.

wwaswas

I always go and wait outside the pub loo window if the datee excuses themselves for a call of nature.

“Fancy meeting you here!”

allthegear
    Free Member

hels has it – you’re there for the evening so might as well enjoy yourselves, even if you don’t click. Then, be honest and say you just don’t fancy her – it’s okay to not fancy someone! (I do it all the time!)

Rachel

rogerthecat
    Free Member

If it is going pear shaped rapidly (the evening not your date!!) this may be useful:http://gizmodo.com/5925079/easily-escape-bad-dates-when-eharmonys-matching-algorithm-fails-miserably

emsz
    Free Member

😳 sorry rach, didn’t think!

She was just doing the whole butch thing… Not my type!!

Cheered me up anyway reading this, it’s just such a minefield first off, DON’T let you mates set up blind dates, and second it’s probably better just to say no if your a bit unsure when some one asks you and they’re just not your type!!

atlaz
    Free Member

And you didn’t spot that when you agreed to go on a date? Or was it beer goggles?

bigyinn
    Free Member

emsz aren’t you looking for a lady rather than a man? There are NO pretty lady (or men) conservatives out there thats for sure! 😆

Trekster

emsz – Member
    Is it rude just to say “look, you’re very dull, so I’m just leaving”, or

PJ’s and Downton from now on!

“Do unto others as others would do unto you”

Consider how you would feel/react if your date had said this to you!

martymac

+1 for not letting mates set you up for blind dates,
    i got set up with a girl (quite) a few years ago, by a mutual friend.
    she looked nice, quite chatty, and seemed keen.
    however i made the mistake of giving her my number before i left, with the result that it took more than a year to get rid of her, she was a complete psycho. eventually had to change my number.

ourmaninthenorth

There are NO pretty lady (or men) conservatives out there thats for sure!

John Major wouldnt agree with that….

atlaz
    Free Member

She’s one of the few politicians whose spitting image puppet looks more real than she does

DezB
    Free Member

Ah this takes me back… worst one I had was the stunner, I worked for ages to get to go out with me (first time she walked in the pub, I was like WOW!).
    So then eventually we go out and oh my, she was so dull. Gutted 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘Dating is suuuuch a pain.’ is closed to new replies.