Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Data Usage When Browsing Singletrack on a Mobile
  • fubar
    Free Member

Vodafone mobile ‘unlimited’ package is actualy 500Mb per month – so I’m left wondering if that’s going to cover 20 days lunch hour browsing sessions from work.

Anybody got any ‘typical’ / average data download figures. Are there ways to cut the download size down ? e.g. would disabling flash on the mobile actually prevent the data being downloaded ?

thanks

Stoner
    Free Member

should be fine. Although to be sure I use Opera mobile (delivered by Java) which uses its own proxy to compress pages to smaller kbs.

cynic-al
    Free Member

second opera, makes a huge difference and is faster.

Phone should have a log telling you how much data you have downloaded.

Lanesra
    Free Member

True story, I ran up a £12k bill on vodafones unlimited package as I used the phone as a modem for 6 week when I moved house

500mb should be more than enough for pure mobile browsing (though the allowance also includes emails, so if you’re a heavy user that will eat into it)

cynic-al
    Free Member

£12K???

WTF???

Rich
    Free Member

True story, I ran up a £12k bill on vodafones unlimited package as I used the phone as a modem for 6 week when I moved house

EEK!! Did you pay it?

jam-bo

dunno, 02 have a fair use policy rather than a absolute limit.

I think I use 300-400mb a month.

Lanesra
    Free Member

My boss paid it and still uses it as a stick to beat me with (with good reason). Was something daft like 10gig of downloading/browsing (top tip don’t have ms update left on or watch streaming football)

Still doesn’t beat his bill when we went to Manila a couple of years ago which came to £26k

fubar
    Free Member

I just put some monitoring software on my pc and racked up 20Mb pretty quickly (clicking through a number of posts…)

With care I could get by, but 500Mb a month is a long way from ‘unlimited’..no youtube for me then !

maybe I should get that iPhone instead (presume ‘unlimited’ on 02 is less limited!)

CountZero

I’ve been using my phone almost exclusively for web browsing, both with wifi and over the network, (O2), since November and I’ve just had my regular monthly contract price on my bill. I don’t download much by way of music, and no video, but all my email is handled via the phone, so O2’s unlimited seems to be exactly that.

bruneep
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Data Usage When Browsing Singletrack on a Mobile’ is closed to new replies.