Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Dashcam footage: red light jumper on phone c/w reg plate
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Is this something the cops would act on or is it a case of if you don’t cause damage or injury you can do what the hell you like on the roads?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Send it anyway.

An email costs nothing

Dickyboy

Isn’t that how the sir David of beckham got nobbled recently?

revs1972
    Free Member

If its good enough to convict Beckham……

mattyfez

What force area? You mighty e able to upload it online

derek_starship
    Free Member

GMP

Mister-P
    Free Member
    tthew

I sent some footage to Cheshire police of a particularly impatient driver cutting through a gap in a central reservation and driving the wrong way on short section of dual carriageway a couple of weeks ago. They sent me a statement form to fill in immediately, and had started the prosecution process by the end of the day, so yeah, definitely worth it in my experience.

mooman
    Free Member

… as long as you didnt film it on your phone whilst driving/in charge of your own car.

riddoch

I’ve had a couple that Sussex police have started the prosecution process, not sure how far through they went but I had to fill out a witness statement for one of them.

So certainly worth reporting.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Thanks Mister P. That link was very useful.

I’ve given a statement and have prepared trimmed footage for uploading to GMP’s Dropbox.

Here’s a still.

On the phone or not?

tthew

Looks like he’s flicking the V’s at the bloke filming him with a dashcam to me. 😁

bikebouy
    Free Member

Looks like it’s been on fire to me 🤣🔥

dashed
    Free Member

For what it’s worth, I looked into the GMP site and they wanted 2 mins before and 2 mins after the incident. My dashcam only records in 3 min chunks (although sure there’s a setting I can change) but I was going to upload something last week as some clown properly cut me up on the M61 for no reason and then chucked a mcdonalds cup out of the car at me when I tooted and flashed him. Gave up in the end…

johnners
    Free Member

I was going to upload something last week as some clown properly cut me up on the M61 for no reason and then chucked a mcdonalds cup out of the car at me when I tooted and flashed him. Gave up in the end…

The response to this sort of thing is so variable. I filled in an online report to Avon and Somerset Police on some prick who chucked a cup at my car. I got a follow up phone call to discuss it then a written report after they’d tracked the bloke down and had a word. I was pretty surprised to be honest, I just wanted something to be recorded in case he made a habit of it. No dashcam footage or independent witness asked for, so I must be plausible on the phone!

derek_starship
    Free Member

For what it’s worth, I looked into the GMP site and they wanted 2 mins before and 2 mins after the incident. My dashcam only records in 3 min chunks (although sure there’s a setting I can change) but I was going to upload something last week as some clown properly cut me up on the M61 for no reason and then chucked a mcdonalds cup out of the car at me when I tooted and flashed him. Gave up in the end…

I downloaded (free) Filmora9 and trimmed the video. I also deleted the audio as I called the guy an effin see. If you go through the process, you will actually find they ask for thirty seconds footagwe pre and post incident.

globalti
    Free Member

It’s beginning to frighten me – I’m seeing some kind of bad incident almost every commute and when you take issue with people they throw things, swerve at you or brake test you. There seem to be increasing numbers of drivers who really do not give a flying **** about the law.

PrinceJohn

The response to this sort of thing is so variable. I filled in an online report to Avon and Somerset Police on some prick who chucked a cup at my car. I got a follow up phone call to discuss it then a written report after they’d tracked the bloke down and had a word. I was pretty surprised to be honest, I just wanted something to be recorded in case he made a habit of it. No dashcam footage or independent witness asked for, so I must be plausible on the phone!

I was physically assaulted & pushed off my bike, when I reported it to Devon & Cornwall Police they said they phoned them to have a word, but they denied it, so didn’t do anything. My GF who was with me at the time, didn’t count as a witness…

Cougar

What’s a “c/w reg plate”?

scotroutes

Complete With

Not C**** W*****

DezB
    Free Member

reg plate captured in the vid. (complete with)

DezB
    Free Member

Not C**** W*****

Country & Western would be unforgivable.

johnners
    Free Member

I also deleted the audio as I called the guy an effin see. If you go through the process, you will actually find they ask for thirty seconds footagwe pre and post incident.

Probably trying to filter out stuff where the perp’s been provoked into something daft by some bellendery on the part of the cammer. There’s a lot of very abrupt starts to clips on YouTube where something like that’s likely occurred.

DezB
    Free Member

where the perp’s been provoked into something daft by some bellendery on the part of the cammer

derek_starship’s perp couldve been phoning a friend for help

derek_starship
    Free Member

The expletives were contained within my car. I didn’t gesticulate or anything. He was oblivious to my anger.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Dashcam footage: red light jumper on phone c/w reg plate’ is closed to new replies.