• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by nre.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dartmoor routes…
  • nre
    Free Member

Have just booked a holiday in May near the southern edge of Dartmoor. Will be with the family but hope to escape for a couple of rides at some point during the week. Some suggestions for good routes or trails would be handy. I have the explorer map but some pointers would be good…

Southern half of the moor is prob my preference to minimise driving time and maximise riding time but might push further North if there is a real must-not-miss trail up there… Have recollections of a rock strewn desecent getting mentions on here before the archives got lost over christmas…?

Ta for the help!

carlphillips
    Free Member

i’ll dig some routes out later and send some over. where are you staying?

snaps
    Free Member

Burrator Princetown loop is a classic & includes ‘the widowmaker’ decent (turn right at the stone cross after leaving Princetown)

bassspine
    Free Member

For a nice south eastern edge ride: Bovey, Lustliegh Cleave, Manaton, Hound tor.

Or Postbridge, Challacombe, Pizwell, Soussons wood.

Get http://www.bikemaps.co.uk/sw_england.htm there’s loads of routes in there

nre
    Free Member

Ta for the ideas, keep them coming! I’ll be staying near Harbertonford (nr Totnes), so will sling the bike in the car to get up to the good stuff…

fatmuthahubbard – email is in my profile – if you can send stuff through that would be great!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor routes…’ is closed to new replies.