Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Dartmoor riding that’s good in the wet?
  • Premier Icon slowbloke
    Free Member

Hasn’t the first bit of the descent from the crossroads already been a bit sanitised? I swear there were more loose rocks on it when I first rode it but that was enough years ago that I may just be mis-remembering it.

Premier Icon dcl

The final option is to ride the plym valley and ride the many miles of trails in Cann and Spanish side and then head to Hooe woods for some good flowy trails with a slog up on Murder Hill road to get back to the top!

no driving required!!

Premier Icon ravingdave

Hooe woods! I live close to those. Some nice stuff in therr its just short due to their small size and nature. Good for a quick blast for an hour or so.

Premier Icon jam-bo

is hooe woods also known as murder woods? havent been there in about 25yrs.

used to be a set of dirt jumps in one of the quarries by the bottom of Hooe lake. i assume they’ve built houses there now?

Premier Icon ravingdave

Yep 1 and the same. Used to live at the bottom of those woods/hill as a child many years ago.

Yea jumps may still be there. Cavanna homes own the site and have secured it up tight but arnet building anything. I live near that quarry now on otherside of the lake.

Some interesting stuff coming up here. Never knee abiut the descent by the pylon. Heard if nutcracker but dont know the route…

Premier Icon 5plusn8
    Free Member

I can report back, I had a great time. It turns out my mate has lost a bit of his zip so we just stuck to the main paths and I didn’t get to explore the Dh routes or the tower descent, we just did Princetown around to Sheepstor Village and back up the railway line. Anyway I am back there in a months so I will try all the other stuff as I had a fair bit of go to spare by the time we had finished.

Meanwhile I have a similar event in Bridgewater next week, so I am thinking Quantox? Haven’t been there for years, going to be on my own and really want to do some of the trails that were in the Enduro race they had in July, and one got GPX of any of that? Any tips where to start?

Premier Icon ajantom

Plenty of Quantocks gpx files online. However, the Triscombe area has been shut recently due to logging. So a lot of the more technical trails are out of action. Still plenty of good riding up there though.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor riding that’s good in the wet?’ is closed to new replies.