Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Dartmoor headsets
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

The lowest stack headset I’ve found for a straight 1 1/8″ (that isn’t **** brothers) is the Dartmoor charge – anyone have experience of these?

If the bearings fall to bits in seconds then an alternative solution to my impossibly short steerer can be executed, but it means an impossibly short stem on a very short frame, which could render climbing an absolute nightmare.

cubist
    Free Member

I’ve got a Dartmoor headset in my Hornet (although its not the exact same one as my forks are tapered). No issues so far, bearing still running smooth after minimal maintenance and about a year of riding.

otsdr
    Free Member

The FSA SL-K -20deg and Syntace Flatforce stems have very short steerer clamps and come in a variety of lengths.

russyh
    Free Member

I have one fitted to my fat bike, it’s been so maintance free I have not given it a thought. Few months in now and it’s risen through some proper shite and washed off with a hose. Still grumble free. I was sceptical at first but wouldn’t hesitate to have another fitted on another bike now. Not Sure which model D’moor headset it is mind

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor headsets’ is closed to new replies.