Darlington

Home Forum Bike Forum Darlington

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Darlington
  • Creg

Guisborough Woods?

Kielder?

Dalby?

uplink

The Dales biking centre at Fremington has rides out I think

I get out most Saturdays sometimes the Dales, sometimes Dalby, NYM – but I go out at stupid o'clock 6-7am

Premier Icon lowey
    Subscriber

Deejay and Fatgit from here are Darlo riders. There are quite a few in their riding group and all nice guys and gals.

tomlg

Sounds good.I'll have to just get out more.

I am a keen rider, I rode a lot during my undergrad as it was very nearby. I was doing a Masters at Lancaster which meant that my ride time suffered with all the work. Now I'm a bit more free was to ride more.

Stupid o'clock sounds fun – Do you leave at that time, or ride at that time?

uplink

Stupid o'clock sounds fun – Do you leave at that time, or ride at that time?

usually leave then

unsponsored

Get out over to the Dales (Reeth). Hamsterly is close.

dickydutch

You need to speak to Mactually!

Creg

There are also a couple of local forums:

MTBE
    Trailblasters
    http://mtbguisborough.ning.com/

Premier Icon Shackleton
    Subscriber

Try the singletraction forums too.

tomlg

Hi There,

A bit of a forum lurker coming forward!

I've recently moved to Darlington. Are there any clubs/good places to ride nearby? It looks like mainly road clubs, but am looking for more off-road oriented stuff.

I've been to the North York Moors a few times but looking for a bit more inspiration. Anyone have any advice?

Cheers
    Tom

fatgit

Hi
    Theres a bunch of us from Darlo who ride together most Wednesday evenings (approx 2 hours) and most Sundays (3-8 hours depending!!!).
    Locations vary depnding on time restrictions, weather forecasts other commitments etc etc.
    Dales,NYM, Lakes amd occasionally Peaks, Glentress but not that often.
    Also odd weekend away in Wales and Scotland.
    We are mainly 40 something and reasonably fit with a range of technical ability.
    You are welcome to join us if you wish and may be able to offer a lift but you may have to make your own way at times if the car is full.
    My email is in profile if you want to chat more.
    Cheers
    Steve

casper33

now then.
    dont want anymore fit riders with the Darlo Divas. we have enough and there all old!!!

Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

My memory is that Hamstrley is the nearest good stuff. But you are spoilt really its only 50 min to Reeth and I once did Keswick in under an hour and a half….

tomlg

Thanks for the info!

Steve – YHM

stoat

Apologies for the slight hijack/jump on the band wagon.

Another lurker here with a similar position to Tom, in that I am soon to be moving up to Guisborough. Anyone on here located nearby or know of local group rides? I guess Darlo isn't too far away!

Many thanks , Steve

Premier Icon lowey
    Subscriber

Beware the Thin goate'd one.

Premier Icon Pippalarge
    Subscriber

stoat – you are making a good move, there's loads of great riding in Guisborough Forest and the moors beyond – also a thriving local scene. Check out http://www.mtbguisborough.co.uk – regular group rides organised here every Tues, Weds, Thurs nights + most weekends.

DeeJay

Stoat – just pop into Bikescene– they are all keen riders and will soon hook you up with likeminded others.

Lowey – 😉

fatgit

Stoat
    We do rides in that area too fairly regularly.
    Email me with your details and I am sure we can set something up.
    I wont be around for a couple of weeks though.
    You could look up Deejay and email him.
    There are some local groups that ride in Guisborough-pop into BikeScene and they will let you know.
    Cheers
    Steve

stoat

Thanks everyone.
    Popping along to the bikescene was on my to do list, now its top of the list! Tis going to be a couple of weeks before I move but I saw this thread and couldn't resist finding out more now.
    Night rides sound like music to my ears, and such choice!

Pippalarge- have just signed up to the website, will get exploring.

Looking forward to moving now:-)

Hamsterley is ace. After 10years its still my fav place to ride in the north east. Must be within 30min of Darlo. Lucky you 😀

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Darlington’ is closed to new replies.