Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Darkside!!! Planet X wheels
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Due to rose bikes being crap I am back to square one.
    I want some new wheels for my Defy 3. I commute as well as “ride” it, so would I be better with the model b or c?? I am 72Kg and use a carradice sql tour when I commute so probs max combined weight 78Kg.
    Cheers

epo-aholic
    Free Member

i’ve used model b’s……..were a bargain @ £99. Fairly ‘aero’ and weighed a smidge over 1600g, planet x had some fulcrum 5’s on a deal recently if you can stretch the budget a bit though

jimc101
    Free Member

Of all the Planet X kit I own, the wheels are the only thing I wouldn’t consider buying again, have had 2 set of B’s, and I bent one rim on a kerb which I have hit with other wheels loads of times with no damage, and both freehubs were made out of a very soft alloy, which the cassette liked to mould arroud itself. Another (think model C) set which came on a bike went straight on e-bay.

Currently use / used Shimano RS10, RS20 & Fulcrum 5 & 7, and apart from snapping spokes on an RS10 due to being heavily overloaded (using it for supermarket shopping trips on my Kaffenback), have not had problems with any of them.

for Rose good prices but, they have manage to make a hash of the payment processing on some of my orders recently.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    markoulini

i have had nothing but **** from my planet x hub, light it might be but torsion rigidity or build quality (joytech!) it lacked! probably the Alu axle. A waste of money, it is now a pepper pot and so much more a joy to use!

Buy a 105 !

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

freehubs were made out of a very soft alloy

+1

Yup. More akin to cheese than metal. Never had a 10sp cassette bite so deeply into a freehub. Hence

Another … set which came on a bike went straight on e-bay.

+1

KINGTUT
    Free Member

My Model Bs are great, there is a small amount of flex but I am around 86 kilos.

Clicky if you care for reviews.

grantus
    Free Member

Never had a problem with the Bs but run 9 speed

drain

I liked my Model Bs but the rear rim has developed a weird bulge on one side (not a ding, it comes out not in) so I’m hoping that Planet X may replace it as it’s only done a few hundred miles.

So far, diddly response from them in reply to my query though. If I get no joy it’ll be a pair of Pro Braccianos for me, I reckon.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Darkside!!! Planet X wheels’ is closed to new replies.