Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • dark side training weekend-what would you want?
  • cycleworlduk
    Free Member

im planning a etape caledonia training/aclimatisation weekend and wondered if you could have anything what would it be?
    we’re going to do supported rides either day with a decent meal sat night…im sorting out a deal on digs for the night and will have a broom wagon…

any other ideas?

ojom
    Free Member

aclimatisation

It’s only Perthshire! 😀

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I would want the organiser to do their own work…

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I would want a guarantee that SBZ won’t be there

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

thats not a problem…hes barred.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Excellent. Book me a place 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

I hear ABC are doing something similar. Far better shop. 😀

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

Ooh! Handbags! Appreciate your input….

Blackhound

Broom wagon to be in front to sweep up the tacks;-)

It is a beautiful area and imo was happier riding the route on my own then in an event. Really quiet and beautiful – and surprisingly not to difficult.

A nice quiet route, cafe stop or picnic somewhere and nice digs. In some ways you can’t go far wrong. Possibly pick up / drop off from rail station if required.

LardLover
    Free Member

Tell me more about this etape caledonia training thing cycleworlduk.

Is it open only to those who are doing the etape caledonia?

I’d be interested in joining a training ride thing, especially if it’s in a different part of the country………which it is obviously 😳

crazy-legs

There were a few folk off here arranged an Etape preview ride a couple of years ago, I went along as well cos I was up in the area anyway. Lovely day out.

As for the training day. Somewhere reaosnable to stay, doesn’t have to be luxurious but a place with a drying room, decent showers etc. A food stop with LOADS of nice food and coffee. And some advice on how to ride in a bunch, something which most Sportive riders have no clue about!

jonb
    Free Member

Different paced groups. Big ride hard ride one day, relaxed ride another. A route designed so that you can drpo out early or add on extra depending on the weather and how you feel. Help bike fitting/fettling. Advice on what to eat and drink on a long ride/race.

I’m intrigued by the idea of stopping on a training run though… I assume you aren’t aiming this at very serious riders because they’ll want to sort there own training routes and plans out?

steve_b77
    Free Member

How long is this here etape de caledonia?

Blackhound

About 75-80miles iirc. Climbs not to bad except for one quite late on. It is a very sharp left turn up a short, steep climb and you get no run at it. I had a car coming down as well so it was a bit of a grunt…

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

im aiming at anyone who is up for the etape caledonia or other sportives thru the summer….all levels will be catered for but you need to be able to cycle at least 60-70 miles…

i was thinking about a 65 miler with a big hill in the middle and lunch in the famous clattering brig cafe(at the bottom of the down hill) we’d have a dinner together on the evening at a local restaurant that would be saturday, sunday we’d offer a selection of routes.. a shop to shop ride again with lunch at a cafe.around 80 miles max with a option of a ride half that,both days will be fully supported with mechanic/food/drink/broom wagon…..the rides will be led by myself/locals/racers with excellent local knowledge/experience..

im gonna charge £35 for both days,including lunch,support,free bike check,route cards,free bike fettling,advice and a goodie bag.

theyre will be various bike packages on offer as well if you want to upgrade!

any ideas/questions you can mail me

trail_rat
    Free Member

I hear ABC are doing something similar

news to me …… club might be doing some etape training in the area but nothing formal. anyone looking for a fast pace is welcome but selfsufficency a must ….. own tools / food /tubes – course we wont leave anyone but dont turn up with empty pockets 😉

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

im gonna try and sort out free masseurs at the end of the weekend also…. 😆

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

well the first cycleworld etape warm up weekend is up this weekend…

were doing 2 rides,saturday (harder) and sunday..ive got lunch planned either day,ride briefing each morning,goodie bags,energy product deals,unconfirmed physios on the saturday back at the shop doing warm down massages,full support including mechs/broom wagon/first aiders…its all looking good so far!

weve got about 35 ish riders but if your wanting to come either day get in touch as weve still got space to accomodate…lets hope its sunny(the forecast is looking great! :lol:)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘dark side training weekend-what would you want?’ is closed to new replies.