Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dark side: Ribble Road Carbon Carbon Sportive Racing
  • jfeb
    Free Member

Does anyone know anything about these? A mate is after a good value carbon road bike for general riding as well as triathlons. These seem like good value for money (Ultegra-equiped for £1,100) but I have no idea if they are any good or what “sportive geometry” means.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/SpecialEditionBikes.asp

crikey
    Free Member

Sportive usually means ‘like a race bike but a bit taller at the front for you ‘ahem’ older gents who can’t bend over’.

I’ve got something similar…

But…………………………..

Ultegra is a dear do, and so they have to be making savings somewhere, so I would suggest looking around at similar Ultegra equipped bikes at the same sort of price.

grumm
    Free Member

These always get recommended – http://www.planet-x-warehouse.co.uk/acatalog/C18_Offer_SL_Pro_Carbon_-_Medium.html

I had the non carbon superlight and it was nice and fast and reasonably comfortable.

jfeb
    Free Member

The mate in question is about 6’5″ but a fairly sprightly 34 years old. A longer headtube therefore might not be a problem.

grumm – thanks for the recommendation. I have mentioned the Planet X bike already so it is on the list. Ta

aP
    Free Member

I would suggest that you’d probably be better off going to a LBS that sells road bikes and getting your 34 yo mate to try some out and get their advice.

jfeb
    Free Member

aP – good advice but unfortunately the LBS’s tend not to sell such good vfm bikes. Of course, there is nothing stopping him getting the advice and buying elsewhere…

aP
    Free Member

I’ll leave it up to you then, I know what I’d do.

Ed2001
    Free Member

aP is right, it doesn’t make sense,imo to part with over £1000 on anyones recomendation on here. By all means take advice but you can’t beat going to a good LBS, a poorly fitted inappropriate bike is not a good VFM.

Vortexracing

I’ve been looking at one for the CTW scheme.

The price is the same as their nero corsa which has had nothing but good reviews.

So I expect (hope) that this carbon frame is as good as the nero corsa

Vortexracing

If Preston is’nt that far away then you can always pop into the shop and they will check out the sizing for you on their little jig thing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dark side: Ribble Road Carbon Carbon Sportive Racing’ is closed to new replies.