Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • (Dark side content)…Anyone doing the Fred Whitton challenge on Sunday then?
  • GaVgAs
    Free Member

Good luck from me if you are,Weather forcast looks ok 8)

All the Lakedistrict passes in one day 112 road miles! 😯

footstomper
    Free Member

Not doing the challenge but me and the missus did Wrynos, Hardknot and 2 other passes today in a 65 mile tootal 😉
    we did see loads of cyclists reccying the route though, one of them offered us a hand when the wifes tyre exploded coming down off Hardknot a bit of a scary moment for her 😯
    just messing on here whilst I wait for her to get ready for a well deserved meal and lots of Pints 😛

GaVgAs
    Free Member

nice one footstomper,glad you enjoyed yourselves,I am up a 5am tommoro morning supporting one of the riders,It should be a great day 😉

TomB

I'm working, so might be scraping some up on the honister descent!

boxelder

I'll be feeding the weary Fredders and marshalling at the Calder Bridge pit stop.
    I'll be the lanky one with the envious look and road bike envy.

ton

i once rode down hardnott, going west.
    where it goes over a cattlegrid, into some trees i think, it was green slippy on the road.
    far far scarier than any offroad descent…….. 😆

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

Was staying in Buttermere YHA this morning which was being used as a feeding station. All I can say is I hope the riders like bananas.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Heres a few photos from todays event 😉

Working as a team
    Preparation!
    Annie Woods Honister Pass

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I made it round, which was all I was aiming for since I have a pretty hellish cold. My throat feels ruined now, but it was a grand day out so it was worth it. 8hrs 48 minutes which Im happy with, could of done with a smaller front chainring though, 39tooth doesnt cut it over hardknott. Had a lovely walk out in the country though.

Thanks for the food at calder bridge, I was almost tempted to sack off the rest of the ride and just eat flap jack all day.

yetiguy
    Free Member

I was there, broke two spokes in my fulcrum racing ones, ….Gutted, race over at 73 miles.

Thanks to the guys who gave me a lift back to the start.

TomB

Only one 'honister cyclist scraping up' incident (2 riders) for us, not too serious. Thanks to the couple of docs who were riding and stopped to offer assistance.

kennyp
    Free Member

I did it for the first time ever yesterday. A superb day out, and a big thanks to all the marshals and spectators; the hundreds of folk at the top of Whinlatter made it feel like we were in the Tour!

No matter how many photos you see of Hardknot, nothing prepares you for what it's like in real life. Hats off to anyone who rode all of that. I didn't come anywhere close.

Burls72
    Free Member

Not done the event but have ridden the route on a hardtail, hardknott after 100 miles was one of the hardest things i've ever done. Have you ever seen the winning times? 5hrs 47mins, an average of around 20 miles an hour with all that climbing, leaves me lost for words.

finbar
    Free Member

I did 6h47m, with no pushing. Pretty pleased with that 8)

tragically1969
    Free Member

^^^^ has that guy with the Scott never heard of, erm, what are the called, yes, thats it, pockets !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘(Dark side content)…Anyone doing the Fred Whitton challenge on Sunday then?’ is closed to new replies.