Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dark side content should i buy
  • philxx1975
    Free Member

Been seriously looking into a road bike

My two, well three choices seem to be

Giant TCR 2 about 899 ish

Cannondale Supersix at about 1049 ish

or just a cannonade caad 10 around 849 wish

not sure if theres much if any different at this price point other than the CAAD 10 being aluminium, they seem much of a muchness

Failing that should i just flog al the MTBs and go full roadie C60 with super record etc, then again is it worth that much more to own over a 1 grand max road bike these days.

martinhutch

philxx1975
    Free Member

Which of the three is that? Oh none of them.

Im not even going to ask how you know that gopping shit exists though I have an idea. 🙄

TiRed

TCR2. Great frame, no BB30 bottom bracket, race bike geometry and a front end that is not too low. Have a CAAD8 as well and it is an excellent bike with a beginner-friendly taller front end more akin to th Synapse.

But I’d go for the TCR anyway as I am a Giant fanboi 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

All good frames. Just go for the one you like the feel of best. Not the most amazing advice but as long as you get the sizing right you can’t go too far wrong with any of those.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I have a TCR advanced 1 and it’s a superb frame. Saying that I love Dales as well. Just pick the one you like the look of there aren’t any bad ones there IMHO

prawny

Mr Blobby called it, jut get the one you like he look of out of them three. Or maybe the carbon one, because you’ll always wonder and have to scratch the itch eventually. You’ll struggle to get a bad road bike for a grand, mine was £400 and does the job admirably

piemonster

Pauls Cycles have some good prices on all three of those bikes btw.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

The Supersix (I assume the £1050 is one of the 105/Rival reduced ones?). The full Ultegra can be found for £1300 which is a stonking deal (and if you buy from Westbrooks use a cashbike site, I got >£60 back on my £1500 SuperX).

steve_b77
    Free Member

Super six over the tcr

dovebiker

Screak, creak, creak went the Cannondale! Simply anything without the b*astard child of a bearing manufacturer and dodgy machinist called BB30! Unless of course you enjoy removing and refitting your BB bearings after every wet ride?

therevokid
    Free Member

what dove says … bb30 is the spawn of Satan himself 🙂

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

always tried to avoid BB/PF30 but struggled to when I shopped for a CX bike. My SuperX is getting raced in gloop and hosed after every ride and (touches wood) has been faultless so far.

No doubt it’ll explode at Monday’s race, now….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dark side content should i buy’ is closed to new replies.